Plastic Surgery for the Knees

I work out all the time and have for many years. I am 50 yrs. old and am blessed that I don't look it. I had knee surgery for ortho purposes which leaves me somewhat limited to really focusing lifting weights to build up the muscle around the knees. My question is a knee lift. I have read this is what Demi Moore had done years ago. I know there is scarring which would be visible. I don't have a lot of loose skin that hangs just enough that would look good if I could have it removed. Thanks.

You never see Angelina Jolie's tattoos in movies and you never see actress' scars!

+3

The pictures here show a slight redundancy of skin. A very limited amount of skin can be removed and please remember that what you see on TV is not necessarily real or accurate. What I mean by that is you are well aware from tabloid news that Angelina Jolie has numerous tattoos that you never see in her movies. What do they do to hide them? Well whatever they do can be done to Demi Moore's scars as well. So be careful in what you ask for unless you want somebody to go around touching up all your photos!

Knee skin treatment

+2

Scars usually placed around the knees often leave unfavorable scars.  I would strongly discourage you from having skin excised around your knees.  The floppy skin would be traded for potentialy spread scars.

Plastic Surgery for the Knees

+2

Without close up pictures it is hard to give you specific advice.  However, in many cases, liposuction around the knees can make a tremendous difference and would not require a large incision.  Good luck.

David Shafer, MD