Very Permanent Red Skin, What to Do? (photo)

Hello, I'm a 19 y/o man with a permanent red skin (cheeks & nose), it started when i was 15-16. It gets intens red by triggers like cold/hot envoirements or when i blush. It's so ugly and i feel ashame.. Tried so many cremes, nothing works. Also had 2 IPL sessions and ND:YAG laser, not even helped 1%. I'm disappointed and I feel sad cause it ruins my life.. Which options do I still have? PDL? I don't expect a perfect skin, but a 50% reduce would be great! Thanks in advance!

19 years Rosacea

+2

You will need 6 treatments of Limelight IPL to make a slight dent. What other topical do you use? You have Rosacea and 41 % of Rosacea patients reported that it had caused them to avoid social gatherings. You feeling are natural. There are topical prescription medications and oral medications to help. See a doctor whom has experience with this condition.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

You may have a manifestation of atopic dermatitis and not rosacea...

+1

both sort of look alike, but they very different...both get worse when you get hot, stressed or excited...you need to be very gentle with your skin regimen...maybe wash with Dove applied gently with your hands (don't scrub) and consider using a topical hydrocortisone...either with or without a prescription...and don't use any harsh shaving creams or colognes...then see your doctor...but that certainly may be one reason you're not getting better with IPL and laser therapy 

Ken Landow, MD