Who pays for the specialist to remove the broken file in my root canal?

a file broke off in my tooth during a root canal, I was referred to a specialist (Endodontist) to have it removed which she did. Who is responsible for paying for this removal? Who is responsible to finish the job, ie: now I need a build up & crown.

Broken Root Canal

+1

Sorry to hear that this happened but it is common issue during root canal treatment. The dentist who broke the file did the correct thing and referred you to an endodontist. The dentist should have not charged you for the procedure and thus you would pay the endodontist for the necessary treatment. In terms of needing a crown, the fact that the file broke had nothing to do with the need for a crown as almost all teeth that have a root canal should be crowned. That would also be your responsibility. Good luck

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist