During Sex Will my Partner Be Able to Tell I Had Implants?

i hav 250cc silicone low profiles under muscle and had a small c to start with. I really would not like to tell anyone i had implants. Wen a guy and I are being intimate, will he be able to tell by feeling them or can i keep it a secret? It seems that when I lie down it is the only time i can tell they are implants cause they are a little hard which is what worries me. Do people ever do that? Like not tell anyone even their husbands?

Palpability of breast implants

+3

Whether the implant is palpable or not usually depends on how much breast tissue the patient has to hide the implant, how large the implant, and whether it is silicone or saline (silicone is easier to hide).

In general, relationships are healthier when partners are candid about their medical histories, just my opinion.

Implant feel

+2
Silicone implants are more difficult than saline to palpate. Also,the lower half of the breast where the implant is not directly behind the muscle is easier to palpate, especially if you are thin. This is normal, but I am still sure this will not be problem for either you or your partner. Have fun and enjoy your new look.

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Feeling implants through the breast tissue

+2

It all depends on how much breast tissue you have now and how well you're healing.  If the implants are soft, the swelling has resolved, and the incisions are well healed then it will be very hard for your partner to know if you had implants placed.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Durig sex partner tell if i have implants

+2

i really would not count on your partners not finding out.  But apparently you say YOU can only tell when lying down, so i would suggest only being intimate in a sitting or standing position, that will give you your best shot. good luck with this.

Jonathan Saunders, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Sex and Implants

+1
Yes, it is most likely that your partner will be able to tell you have had an augmentation through the scars, the feel, and through visual clues.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Breast implant palpability.

+1

It will depend on how much breast tissue you have, whether the scars are obvious, and your partners diagnostic abilities. They do not need to know, but I do recommend informing your general medical doctor so that mammograms can be ordered with implant displacement views.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

During sex your partner may be able to feel your implants, but usually he's not thinking about that!

+1

You have relatively conservatively-sized (250cc) silicone implants beneath your muscle, and you had good breast volume ("small C-cup breasts") prior to receiving your implants. Generally, this would yield very natural results that would  feel soft and homogeneous with your own breast tissue. If your implant pockets are overly large for your implant size, there may be excessive implant movement in the pocket that could "give it away," but you state that "they are a little hard," meaning they move too little, not too much.

From this, I might conclude that you have early capsular contracture (your surgeon can advise you about this after examination) causing unnatural firmness. This could indeed be palpable to a partner, and a tight capsule will not allow your implants to flatten when you are reclining, causing an unnatural "poking straight up" appearance that naturally soft breasts do not exhibit. If you feel this firmness is getting worse, or it concerns you at its present state, go see your surgeon and explore the options for improvement of this. Oral Singulair and Vitamin E may provide some capsular softening--I have seen improvement in about 50% of patients for whom I prescribe this when they note early capsular contracture; but of course there is the other 50% who may need surgery. This is why the goal with each patient's initial augmentation surgery and implant placement is avoidance of bleeding and bacterial contamination, the two most common causes of capsular contracture.

If this firmness is mild, you may take some solace in the fact that breasts come in infinite degrees of natural firmness or softness, usually related to the amounts of glandular tissue vs. fatty tissue, and the thickness and elasticity of the breast skin that encases the gland.

Bottom line: if this bothers you, it might be detectable by a partner. See your surgeon and discuss your concerns and options with him or her! Best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Implants and partner

+1

It is likely that your partner will be able to palpate your breast implants in some positions or with some handling. This also depends upon the size of the implants and also the amount of soft tissue volume that you start off with.

Palpability of breast implants

+1

Breast implants may be visible or palpable, and the scars from the surgery may also be noticeable. Silicone implants feel more like natural breast tissue than saline, and if a patient has a significant amount of breast tissue this may help camouflage the implants. Hopefully you are happy with your decision to have undergone breast augmentation and will share that with your partner.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Does she or doesn't she have breast implants

+1

As they say, only your plastic surgeon will know for sure. Unless of course you tell, and there is nothing to say that you have to. Yes, even some husbands may not know that their wife had had a breast augmentation. The only person you need tell is your mammographer so they can do additional views to see around your implants. After a year or so most women rarely think about their breast implants. We find the 'give away' may be the scar under the breast, and a better concealed periareolar scar may be better concealed.

peterejohnsonmd