Pap Smear Test/Exam Post Tummy Tuck - How Soon After?

I’m at about 3 weeks post op and my doctor told me to wait another month to get the test done (I’m due for one). I’m following his advice but I just wanted to get other Doctors’ opinions on how soon after a tummy tuck is it okay to get a pap smear test/exam done since at some point of the exam requires the OB/GYN to press down hard on the stomach and pelvic area. Thank you.

Pap smear after tummy tuck

+2

Just a Pap smear does not require pressure on your abdomen, but a full pelvic exam does. You should check with your Ob/gyn;  if just a Pap smear is needed, you're OK sooner than if you need a full pelvic  exam. Check with both doctors to see what they recommend.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Pap smear following Tummy Tuck Surgery

+2

I would agree with your surgeon and wait about 6 to 8 weeks after a tummy tuck before having a pap smear.  If your OB/GYN feels that the test should be done urgently, check with your plastic surgeon to see if they feel it would be alright to do the test sooner.

Web reference: http://www.VincentLeporeMD.com

San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Pap

+2

Usually in our practice we like to tell our patients to wait at least 6 weeks before going back to normal activity. The exam could hurt you; listen to your Doctor.

Pap smear after tummy tuck

+1

You are likely okay with a Pap smear but not with a pelvic exam. Check with your OB/GYN and your plastic surgeon. Each surgeons protocol after surgery is slightly different