300cc fat ea/check justify Brazilian Butt Lift? How far apart would surgeries have to be spread for Tummy Tuck and BBL? (photo)

I will be getting a bbl and TT. I would prefer to have the surgeries performed at the same time for obvious reasons, but I am in fl and I just found out that you can only remove 1L of fat combined with TT which would give me about 300cc per check. I'm 5'5" 138lbs last checked about a month ago. May be a few lbs more. Don't have much fat in tummy. Primarily in back, bra roll and a little in flanks. What would be the best route for optimal results?

+2
Hi. You've done your homework. In our State it is against the law to extract more than 1 liter of supernatant fat when combined with any other procedure. Base on your own photos ad those of your wish results, 500 cc of fat per,side will barely affect your buttock contour.

I would suggest a BBL first so we can obtain the benefit of the abdominal fat followed by the tummy tuck 3 months later. Base on your photos, I feel that you will need a minimum of 1000 cc per side to have a shapely rounded bottom. 

Always seek out the opinion of a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery with years of experience in liposuction and fat transfers. Furthermore request to see before and after photos of previous patients by that doctor....not a clinic or surgery center. Do your homework......research and verify the doctor's credentials. Have they had problems with the Board of Medicine, disciplinary or otherwise. Any law suits?

The key is............ does the surgeon have a keen sense of aesthetics? Can he/she create a shapely, attractive buttock or are they just technicians that wind up with large unshapely behinds? The same holds true for the liposuction portion of the procedure. Understand that liposuction whether SAL, PAL or UAL ( not including LAL because the fat obtained through this technique will not be useful) is not that technically challenging. However, the keen aesthetic eye will determine the eventual work of art.We are creators and have the ability to turn out beautiful works of art. Simply put................not all artists create quality work.

How about the center, clinic or facility? Are they accredited by a national organization or do they just have State approval. Understand that at the current time, there are three nationally recognized organizations responsible for the highest levels of patient safety, AAAASF, AAACH and JCHO. You owe it to yourself to position yourself for the best possible results but under the most stringent safety regulations, If you have kids, even more so.

How about anesthesia? Will you have a medical doctor certified by the American Board of Anesthesiology or a certified nurse anesthetist (CRNA)? Understand that there is no substitute for research. Cosmetic surgery, no matter how simple it may be to the patients, are invasive procedures and as such carry certain risks and complications.

In our office we use TouchMD which is a web based program in which patients have the ability to load their picture unto the program. We can accommodate patients from as far away as California. I then evaluate them and can actually draw on the picture to show a potential patient where the incisions would be located and how the procedure is to be realized. It's all done to comply with HIPPA which is the federal law that protects the patient's medical information. Look them up.

Give yourself the highest percentage of a sucssesful operation. Good luck

Tummy tuck and BBL

+2
Hello, thank you for your question and the pics. You definitely have a wonderful frame for body contouring, and indeed, you are a candidate for both tummy tuck and BBL. Some doctors advocate for separating both procedures, in my case, I am in full support of doing both procedures at the same time, except in very few special cases; but your case doesn't actually involve extensive liposuction, so I would do both at the same time. I find that doing both the tummy tuck and BBL together allows me for better skin resection when doing the tummy tuck (BBL is done first) as the flap tends to hang a bit more when you do liposuction first, at the same time, results are more dramatic and you don't have to go through with two recoveries. Also, when you separate the procedures, the tummy tuck should be performed first, as scar tissue formed beneath the skin after the liposuction, tends to be less pliable and does not allow me to fully remove all excessive skin. Hope to have been of some help. Good luck

Jose A. Leon, MD

+1
Yes they can be combined and would get several consults with board certified plastic surgeons who perform a lot of fat grafting to the buttocks    Best to you

Constance M. Barone, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

300cc fat ea/check justify Brazilian Butt Lift? How far apart would surgeries have to be spread for Tummy Tuck and BBL?

+1
In my opinion if you wish to proceed with both abdominal improvement and buttock improvement-- I would recommend - abdominoplasty first-wait 3 months and then do a gluteal implant. This will give you the best long term result as fat transfer is likely to disappear.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

Tummy tuck and bbl

+1
A smaller BBL can easily be combined with a tummy tuck in the right hands.  It does, however, make the recovery a little more tricky.  I would recommend you visit with a few board certified PS in your area and see what they recommend.  good luck

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

+1
You are correct about the legal limitations in the state of Florida, however that only applies to outpatient facilities. If you do it in a hospital or facility with overnight capabilities and stay over 1 night, then you are covered. I would definitely say you need more than 300cc of fat per side to have an adequate BBL, especially since a certain percentage of the transferred fat does not survive. It is a little difficult to say without an examination but you likely have more fat to use for the BBL so seems like you would be a good candidate. Plus, you are already starting from a good place! If you have minimal central abdominal fat and want mostly to use flank/thigh fat then it's reasonable to consider TT & BBL at same time. I am hesitant to do aggressive lipo on the abdomen at the same time as a TT due to the risk of wound healing complications.  But again, if it is mostly flanks/back/thigh fat being used for transfer this would be reasonable. I would suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring surgery and BBL. Good luck!

Megan Jack, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck and BBL

+1
Thank you for your pictures. If you do not have a lot of fat for transfer then I would not waste my time having that procedure. I would have your tummy tuck first. It looks like you could benefit from that. I would wait approximately 3 to 6 months and determine if you want to have buttocks implants to improve your buttocks shape.

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

+1
You are a very good candidate for the Brazilian buttlift and tummy tuck in combination.   You need probably three times that amount of fat.  Find a BBL expert who performs hundreds of BBLs each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Brazilian butt lift (fat transfer) and tummy tuck

+1
1)  you have full round butt.
2)  you are an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck.

The limit of liposuction has nothing to do with which state you are in but rather with the facility where the procedure is performed and what is medically safe for you as an individual.  If the liposuction is performed in a strip-mall doc-in-box there are limits imposed, but they are much higher than the one liter you quoted.  In a proper and fully credentialed OR the limits are determined by medical standards of care.

Fat transfer is a bit unreliable because not all the transferred fat survives.  Given your pictures I would proceed with the tummy tuck alone and have liposuction later for contour reduction (not fat transfer), perhaps at the same time as any needed scar touch-up.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

Tummy Tuck and BBL? (photo)

+1
Yes the Board of Medicine of the State of Florida has a rule that limits amount of fat to be liposuctioned with a TT to 1 liter of our fat. So that is 500 cc's per side. But from the 'wish' photos you need at least 800 to 1000 cc's per side, so two separate operations need to be done about 3 to 6 months apart...