What Options Are Available Besides Bariatric Surgery?

I am a 43-year-old female, 180 lbs, BMI30, no health problems. I have been exercising at least 5 days a week for over a year and have not lost weight. I would like to have bariatric surgery but I do not qualify for it. What options exist for people like me? I mean, aside from diet and exercise, as it clearly does not work?

Weight loss surgery with BMI of 30

+1

Presently there are no bariatric surgical procedures that you qualify for.  We hoping that the Lap-Band will be approved by the FDA in the next 6 - 8 months and then you will qualify but insurance would not cover the procedure.

Long Island Bariatric Surgeon

Weight loss surgery for low BMI patients

+1

A patient with a low BMI (30) and no medical problems is hard to justify a weight loss surgery procedure. Even a lap band has complication and would be too agressive to do on a pt with a BMI of 30.  Currently patients with diabetes and a BMI of 32 would be a better candidate for this surgery when talking about patients with a "low BMI".

Houston Bariatric Surgeon