My 10 year old son got his front tooth knocked out. What are our options?

Front Tooth Knocked Out

+1

Sorry to hear about your son's tooth. A Maryland bridge, or fake tooth with wings, can be bonded to the backsides of his adjacent teeth. This type of restoration is ideal because it stays fixed in the mouth, but excellent home care, including a special way to floss around this tooth, is a must to maintain optimal health and esthetics. Look for an excellent cosmetic dentist to help you. As he is only 10 years old, he will have many developmental changes related to his growth, including facial and dental changes, for 10+ years. Once his growth pattern stabilizes, he will be ready for a more permanent fix like a dental implant. But until then, expect multiple dental visits to keep up with his growth and maintain his dental health.

All the best, Sarah Kong, DDS

Dallas Cosmetic Dentist

Knocked out front tooth

+1

I don't know when this happened; and it may be too late by now, but save the tooth in milk or saline, and rush to the dentist to get it reinserted. Follow the directions of the dentist afterwards. 

Fremont Cosmetic Dentist

10 Year Old with Front Tooth Knocked Out

+1

If it just happened, and you have the tooth, rush to a dental surgeon or Pedodontist and he can re-implant the tooth into the socket.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Front tooth knocked out what are the options?

+1

Assuming the tooth is gone, at age 10 I would suggest and upper orthodontic retainer with a tooth on it and when he gets to be 16-19 yrs of age consider an implant or fixed partial denture good luck

Kevin Coughlin DMD, MBA, MAGD     CEO Baystate Dental PC

Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

10 year old ........Lost Front Tooth

+1

Depending on which tooth is missing and whether ortho is being considered it can be connected to braces or invisalign, a flipper or temporary partial is easy but not exactly child friendly.  An excellent option for great esthetics and comfort is a resin boned bridge to one or more teeth.  This will feel like his own tooth and not be prone to being lost.

Lake Forest Cosmetic Dentist