What caused red, swollen lumps on forehead after Botox? (photo)

After receiving Botox several places on face, total of 32 units, the next morning there was two lumps slightly above eyebrows. No lumps at other injection sites (very top of forehead, corners of eyebrow and chin. Lumps are red and swollen, painful to the touch. Never has happened before. Had Botox done probably 12 times. Usually get a small bruise at injection site. Any ideas?

Please contact your injector to have this area assessed in person.

+1

Botox

+1
You should see your injector to make sure that you don't have an infection.  It may also be a small bruise or even a hematoma.  Better safe than sorry - see your injector.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

What caused red, swollen lumps on forehead after Botox?

+1
You need to be seen immediately for evaluation. I might offer PO antibiotics. Than see you every other day to be sure no problem. I might also consider steroid therapy...

Bumps following Botox

+1
These appear to be bruising due to deeper penetration of the needle into the muscle. They should resolve in a day or two. At this point warm compresses may help them resolve a bit quicker. If the tenderness continues beyond one or two days, I would consult with the physician who performed the injections. 

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist