Is It Normal for my Excision Site to Be White?

I had a more removed by shave excision 24 hours ago. I put neosporin on it this morning, and when I showered this even it was white with a, red rim. Is that normal?

Melarase cream and pigmentation after shave biopsy

+1

The white remnant dermis is normal and the wound will continue to heal over the next week. Avoid pigmentation of the scar by avoiding the sun and applying Melarase cream twice daily. 

Mole removal

+1

Yes, this is normal.  I would encourage you to follow your post-care instructions by keeping the area clean and apply bacitracin ointment on the area.

Is It Normal for my Excision Site to Be White

+1

Yes. This is sort of hard to explain, so let's just say that's because the part that was removed had pigment, and what's underneath at this moment, doesn't. Keep any scabbing off the site, clean it with 1/2 perioxide and water, and keep it gooped up with Polsporin, Vaseline, etc.