No Difference After Liposculpture

I had Liposculpture 2 weeks ago, and I'm still a few pounds heavier. I can see no difference apart from my back. I had my back, thighs, hips, and upper/lower abs. My stomach area doesn't look any diffferent. The surgeon made incisions 2 under my breasts and 1 on my belly button. Does this mean he did my whole stomach? Is this what they usually do when you want upper and lower abs done or does the whole area get done? I seem flat at the top, bigger in middle, then flat down. Any advice? Thanks.

Liposuction results will take some time to fully appreciate

+2

Hi there-

Any liposuction procedure will result in a fair amount of swelling, and this swelling will keep you from full appreciating your outcome until it has resolved.

This resolution occurs over about 3 months, and over that time you should be seeing ongoing improvement as it does go away.

With regard to your other questions, it is important to realize that only your surgeon knows the details of how your surgery was performed and what exactly was done to you.

I suggest you give the office a call.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Should see some improvement at two weeks after liposuction

+2

After 1 week, you should see a little improvement after liposuction and a big improvement at the 1 month mark and the final result at 4-6 months. That is a lot of areas you had done at 1 surgery. I hope your surgeon was thorough and not just taking a little here and there. Time will tell so be patient and see your doc about your concerns.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture Results

+1

Liposculpture results can take up to 6 months to show, but generally the average patient will see results as soon as 6-8 weeks after the procedure. Two weeks is usually not enough time to see full results.

Web reference: http://www.gbkderm.com/procedures/liposculpture

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture results take time

+1

I often instruct patients that at 2-4 weeks after liposculpture they may appear a bit more swollen and can start to experience firm skin called induration, which naturally subsides over the following weeks.  Surgical outcomes after liposculpture are not achieved for 3-6 months, although you may begin to see improvement well before that time frame.

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Liposculpture Results

+1

Results vary with the extensiveness of the procedure: the amount of fat removed, the number of areas treated and so on. Many patients report that they see results immediately after the procedure with the final result around three to four months. Recovery takes time, you should see results unfold over the next few months.

Post Liposuction Swelling - When Does It Subside?

+1

It has been my experience that swelling gets worse someplace between the 5th and 7th day after liposuction.  There also is a natural depression that occurs after any surgery, but certainly after cosmetic surgery since one's expectations and fears are usually high.  Normally, after one or two weeks, patients think that liposculpture didn't work and that is was possibly the worse thing they ever did to themselves.  By 3 weeks, most patients feel that perhaps it worked.  At around 4-6 weeks, many patients think their plastic surgeon was a genius.

Swelling, bruising, itching, and discomfort all add to one's concern over whether the surgery actually worked or not.  In my practice, I take standardized measurements at weekly visits after liposuction which gives the patient hard evidence as to whether any improvement occurred and the degree of improvement.  Liposuction or liposculpture is a technique of bulge reduction and inch reduction, and surprisingly, has very little to do with weight reduction. 

Unfortunately and as frustrating as it may be, time is the answer and with time, I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Post Liposculpture

+1

I would say give it some time for swelling to subside. Swelling can last up to 3 months. I have noticed that the second week post liposuction is roughest. Patients expect to see results after a week and that isn't the case 99% of the time. Be patient and continue to wear your compression garments for best results. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com

Early in Liposuction Recovery

+1

Thank you for your question.  You are still very early in the recovery process. The swelling can take 4-6 months to subside so you will not be seeing your final results at 2 weeks post op.  I ask my patients to wear a compression garment for 4 weeks post op liposuction surgery.  I would suggest that you allow your body time to heal and keep in comunication with your surgeon during the recovery process.  Best Wishes!

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_liposuction.htm

You may weigh more after liposculpture liposuction than before.

+1

Surprisingly, you may weigh more after liposculpture ( liposuction) than before the surgery. This is typically due to accumulation of fluid in the treatment areas. This swelling can persist for some time taking nearly 3 months to eliminate the vast majority. Two weeks is far to early to predict the post-op result. Ask your surgeon for a breakdown of the volume of fat removed from eash area. .

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Techniques and time make a difference in liposculpture

+1

It is my experience that trying to reshape more than 1/3 of the body surface at one time produces inferior results for patients.
Similarly, using multiple small incisions and microcannulas produces better results in my experience.

Regardless, increased healing time may improve results.

Chicago Dermatologist