Does Medicaid cover Facial Reconstructive Surgery

hi doctor before i have accident and now my forehead bone is uneven it look like deformation so does medicaid cover reconstructive surgery for me . i'm I lost my self-esteem this year i'm just 18 year old i hope medicaid will help me do something thank doctor

Doctor Answers (1)

Facial Reconstruction

Hello peter111, 

Thank you for your question. 

Without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of any treatments it is difficult to be comprehensive.

Most often trauma is covered by most medical insurance companies.

I would seek care from a facial plastic surgeon in your area who can examine you and describe the findings for the insurance company.

Also further imaging may need to be done (CT scan).

Good luck ,

Dr. Shadfar

Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.