Back Lift or Laser Skin Tightening? (photo)

I am 9 months post op from Lipo of back and waist (surgery was done in NY). The surgeon's portfolio showed great results for the same procedure n larger patients. The problem that I have now is excess skin in the bra area. it was recommended that I do a back lift. I want to have a sexy back not a skinny body with excess skin that looks like fat rolls. Please advise (photo included) if laser options would provide the contour sought. Also, provide quotes for your office.

Back Rolls after Liposuction

+2

Almost always this is additional fat that can be removed with liposuction, but you need an exam.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Liposuction.php

Upper back skin lift

+1

An upper back skin lift at the bra line would help improve the excess skin. But you will end up with a ling scar on you back at bra level. The procedure is reserved for people with severe weight loss with so much excess skin the the scar is acceptable.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

What you can expect from a Bra Line Back Lift

+1

Thank you for the photo.  A Bra Line Back Lift will eliminate the bra folds that you are showing in the photo.  In return you will have to accept an incision in the brassiere line.  The link below is from one of my patients before and after photos and shows a more significant amount of laxity and its correction at only 24 hours after surgery.  The final incision line will be concealed within her brassiere line.  Recovery from a bra line back lift is relatively straight forward.  There are no drains, sutures are dissolveable, and discomfort 1-2 out of 10.

Dr Remus Repta

Web reference: http://www.aaaplasticsurgery.com/photo-gallery/details.cfm?ID=176&StartRow=1

Liposuction revision back

+1

It is impossible to tell from your posted photo if this is excess skin, excess fat or some combination of the two. There is no reliable non-surgical way to remove this amount of excess skin if it is excess skin. A frontal view would also be required in order to make any specific recommendations.

Sufficient time has passed since your original surgery for you to undergo revision surgery and if it is mostly due to remaining excess fat your best/cheapest option is to have the original surgeon do more liposuction.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Back issues?

+1

Skin tightening lasers will not tighten your back enough to remove the rolls. A back lift if it is severely loose skin or further liposuction  may help, but an exam in person would be necessary.

Back lift or laser

+1
Laser will not correct this. You do not need a lift. Perhaps som lipo would be beneficial bur this can only be determined after a consultation.