Bra Line Lift or Other Form of Body Contouring After TT? (photo)

Good Morning, I had a tummy tuck almost two years ago and am now trying to address excess skin in my back. However, unlike a tummy tuck which is pretty standard and the information is easily accessible; I have found it difficult to find distinctions and similarities between many of the terms or procedures completed to resolve this problem. Due to the scar placement I am inclined to feel that a Bra Line lift is right but I have also read that its close to 10k in cost and I'm able to spend about 6

Back lift

+2

A bra line lift is an option for you.   In this procedure the scar can be hidden in your posterior transverse bra line.  Another option could be an upper trunk lift where I hide the scar below your arm pit along the lateral shadow line (curve of your breast).  Please see a board certified PS to learn more about your options.  Best of luck!

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

Extra Skin In My Upper Back

+2

Dear sweetie1,

Lax tissues of the upper back can be effectively addressed with a bra-line lift which removes the extra skin in the upper back and often will extend to around and under the breasts to tighten up the lateral breast line.  This will minimize the folds and rolls that you are experiencing when you wear your bra or swimsuit top.  This incision line is planned to hide under your normal bra band line or swimsuit top.  The procedure takes around 2 to 2 1/2 hours but an examination with measurements is needed to determine the exact positioning and length of the incision.  Recovery is faster than the recovery for a tummy tuck for most patients.  Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who can best help you address your concerns.

Herluf G. Lund, Jr, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Bra Line lift

+2

I feel a bra-line lift would be best to smooth out the contour of the lower back/flanks.  Should take about 2 - 2 1/2 hours.  Don't know about costs in you area, but, in my practice this would usually run about $6000-$7000. 

Robert Stroup, Jr., MD, FACS
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Bra Line Lift

+1

I concur that a bra-line back lift is the best solution to what I can see in these photos. It is designed to remove excess soft tissues of the back, and to place the scar in an area that is hidden by a brassiere strap and by a swimsuit top (although they all fit differently and the skimpiest back strap on a swim suit probably won't conceal the scar). 

Good idea to be at or near your desired weight. 

Thanks and best wishes. 

Upper body lift

+1

pper body lift extends from a line at the infra-mammary line towards the back within the bra line. With a reasonable width to the bra the scar can be hidden within the bra line.

When you are considering cost then add the surgeon fee, anesthesia fee, and facility fees

Choose a Board certified plastic surgeon ( American Board of Plastic Surgery). The anesthesia a Board Certified anesthesiologist, and an accrideted facility. Saftey, quality is first then comes the cost.