If Sculptra is at All Risky for Someone with Autoimmune Issue(celiac), Would Restalyne/Juvederm Be Suitable for Facial Plumping?

Is Sculptra risky for someone with celiac disease

Sculptra consists of Polylactic acid,  Lactic acid is found in Yogurt to which it gives the sour taste.  Polylactic acid is a long molecule with numerous Lactic Acid molecules attached to  each other.  It is Biocompatible (No local or systemic reactions) and Bioabsorbable (It gets slowly absorbed over time).  If properly diluted ( 2,5 cc of Lidocaine and 2.5 cc of Lidocaine with 1:100,000 adrenalin and 2 cc of sterile water) it should be safe to inject in a patient with Celiac Disease. There are no reports of local or systemic adverse reactions  following injections of Sculptra in patients with Celiac Disease. 

Chicago Dermatologist

Celiac disease and fillers

As far as I know, Celiac disease is not a contraindication for using Sculptra. If you need a lot of volume that might be the way to go. Discuss your options and needs with your doctor. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Volumizing a face can be done with fillers other than Sculptra, like Radiesse, Restylane, see video

Sculptra is an ideal volumizer because it is long lasting.  The problems with autoimmune disease were that on retrospective review, with the old dilution, that people who got granulomas had a higher frequency of having autoimmune disease.  I don't believe that celiac disease was one of those found.  You can probably have Sculptra, but Radiesse is a great volumizer, along with Restylane or Belotero.  It will cost more to use fillers other than Sculptra, and results won't last on long, but you can do it.  I have a video attached which shows a "Liquid Facelift" using Belotero and Radiesse.  Steve Weiner, MD, Sculptra Trainer, near Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD
Panama City Otolaryngologist