If Sculptra is at All Risky for Someone with Autoimmune Issue(celiac), Would Restalyne/Juvederm Be Suitable for Facial Plumping?

Is Sculptra risky for someone with celiac disease

+1

Sculptra consists of Polylactic acid,  Lactic acid is found in Yogurt to which it gives the sour taste.  Polylactic acid is a long molecule with numerous Lactic Acid molecules attached to  each other.  It is Biocompatible (No local or systemic reactions) and Bioabsorbable (It gets slowly absorbed over time).  If properly diluted ( 2,5 cc of Lidocaine and 2.5 cc of Lidocaine with 1:100,000 adrenalin and 2 cc of sterile water) it should be safe to inject in a patient with Celiac Disease. There are no reports of local or systemic adverse reactions  following injections of Sculptra in patients with Celiac Disease. 

Chicago Dermatologist

Celiac disease and fillers

+1

As far as I know, Celiac disease is not a contraindication for using Sculptra. If you need a lot of volume that might be the way to go. Discuss your options and needs with your doctor. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Volumizing a face can be done with fillers other than Sculptra, like Radiesse, Restylane, see video

+1

Sculptra is an ideal volumizer because it is long lasting.  The problems with autoimmune disease were that on retrospective review, with the old dilution, that people who got granulomas had a higher frequency of having autoimmune disease.  I don't believe that celiac disease was one of those found.  You can probably have Sculptra, but Radiesse is a great volumizer, along with Restylane or Belotero.  It will cost more to use fillers other than Sculptra, and results won't last on long, but you can do it.  I have a video attached which shows a "Liquid Facelift" using Belotero and Radiesse.  Steve Weiner, MD, Sculptra Trainer, near Destin, Florida.

Steven F. Weiner, MD