How to Fix Nasojugal Groove? (photo)

I am only 27 and I have what appears to be under eye circle, but I think are just deep nasojugal grooves. Would a filler help?

Improving the lid-cheek junction and nasojugal groove

+1

With an experienced injector, you would achieve excellent results by filling this area.  Restylane and Belotero work best at smoothing the lid-cheek junction and smoothing the nasojugal groove. 

Filler such as Restylane in the nasojugal groove (tear trough)

+1

Facial filler can work wonders in the nasojugal groove when there is a true tear trough deformity.  Fillers work best when there is a "hill-valley-hill" under the eye, I.e. a depression that needs filling.  It is a little difficult to tell from your photos if you truly have this "valley", though I suspect th at you do to some extent.  When people have a true tear trough deformity (a true "valley"), it's a trick of the light and shadow that makes th e udder eye circle look dark.  And filler can get rid of this. However, if your dark circles are from pigmentation, then filler will not help.  

I suspect that you could benefit from under eye filler, but you would need to be evaluated in person to really be sure.  Please be sure to choose a highly trained injector such as a facial plastic surgeon, plastic surgeon, or dermatologist to perform your injections.  I would caution that you often get what you pay for in terms of filler. 

Dara Liotta, MD

I prefer Juvederm for the tear trough

+1

Juvederm works well for the tear trough. But not in everyone. There sometimes can be paradoxical swelling of the lower lid. And of course, bruising can occur. But properly injected I see good improvement of the tear trough with Juvederm. Sometimes more in the upper cheek will also help camouflage the dark circles.

Benjamin Van Raalte, MD
Davenport Plastic Surgeon

Fixing the nasojugal groove

+1

I'd say your best option would be to have a highly trained and experienced injector such as a dermatologist treat you with 1cc of restylane. Then, reassess in  2 weeks, and if need be, another 1cc/syringe of restylane can be added if need be. ~ Dr. Benjamin Barankin, Toronto Dermatology Centre.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane under the eyes

+1

Dear K27,

1. It looks like you would be an excellent candidate for Restylane
  2. Please pick your injector wisely as this area has to be injected with great precision for best results
  3. It would usually take between 1-2cc's of product, any leftover can be saved for a future touch up

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Dark Circles - Tear Trough Area

+1

Hi K.  We would use 1-2 CC's of Restylane injected "under the muscle".  If using 2 CC's it should last around 1 year.  be careful of using thicker products like Perlane or Radiesse as these can be very tricky and difficult to make look good in this area.  Good luck.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Tear trough deformity

+1

K27,  Tear troughs or nasal jugal grooves can often present themselves as dark circles or hollows. The dark circles are often a a result of shadowing.  Adding volume to this area can often correct the problem and give you a fresh less fatigued look!  HA fillers or fat are the two most common ways to treat this area.  Find someone in your area that has experience in treating this area...it's a little more complicated than treating nasal labila folds.

Best

Anthony E. Brissett MD

Anthony E. Brissett, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasojugal groove - how to fix it

+1

The darkness you have is from a deep groove in the tear trough, and yes, it can be fixed with properly placed filler. I would recommend Restylane, and seeing an experienced board-certified physician in your area.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD

Tear trough depression

+1

K27, A depression in this area is quite common and tends to run in families. Fillers can be helpful but seek someone with experience. Surgically, a "SOOF lift blepharoplasty" will eradicate this depression; I have seen and treated quite a few patients in your age group over the past 25 years. Good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Treatment for Deep Naso-Jugal Groove

+1

Hi K,   Properly placed filler would correct the loss of volume in your naso-jugal groove.  I would use only Restylane in the immediate area beneath your eye, and use any of the other fillers below that.  Most importantly choose your injecting physician most carefully for the treatment of this delicate and most unforgiving area.  Good luck and be well.   Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD