What Should I Do About Bad Necklift Results?

I Had a Neck Lift 3 Months Ago. I posted my picture 10 days after my neck lift and could tell I didn't like what I saw.Now its 3 months later and Im still not happy.He fixed my jowling and loose neck skin but under my chin looks worst then before it all.I told him my concern his response was "you want to be able to turn your head" as if he wasn't going to do anything about it.I want this fixed what can I do now.also the scar under my chin is not even

Neck lift revision

+2

I think you can see from the answers that nobody is pleased with the result you are showing.  This isn't the kind of thing that will get better on its own to the point where you will be happy.  The reason for waiting is to allow the tissues to settle down to better handle the revision you will probably need. 

Unless the surgeon you went to was a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with an excellent reputation and lots of experience, you may well need to seek consultation elsewhere.  The last thing you want is a revision that makes things worse.

If you didn't have incisions around the ears the first time, you will probably need them this time to remove excess skin.

Give neck lift time to heal

+2
After six months to a year more surgery can be done to improve your appearance, possibly. The surgeon wouild determine what the risks would be and then you can decide if it's worth it for you to undergo more surgery.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Bad necklift results and what to do.

+2

See a revision facelift surgeon who is very experienced, since you don't want a novice making things worse. He will be able to examine the area and give you advice. No surgery for a minimum of 6 months.

Bad Necklift Results

+1

It sounds like you no longer have a healthy relationship with your doctor. I would recommend getting a second opinion with a facial rejuvenation expert. However, take everything you hear at the second opinion consultation with a grain of salt. Some Doctors unfortunately like to bad mouth previous surgeries/surgeons. There are three scenarios that may happen.

1. You may require revision facelift and neck lift

2. You may be in the healing phase and require further time to heal

3. You may have gotten optimal outcome based on your age and anatomy.

Babak Azizzadeh, MD

Improving a poor necklift result

+1

From what I can see, I think your necklift result will need to be revised to look your best. Revision may require re-doing the incisions under your chin and around your ears to allow re-tightening the neck muscles and removing excess skin. I would feel comfortable revising this result 4-6 months after the original surgery.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift complications

+1
Based on the photo, it appears that too much fat was removed, creating an irregular appearance under your chin. You should wait several months before contemplating revision surgery. Instead, simple things like botox may be helpful.

Sandy Sule, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift Result

+1

Although it seems as if fat was over-excised from the area under your chin, this determination cannot be made without a physical examination and review of your preoperative films.  Revision surgery on the neck is best delayed for at least 1 year. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift

+1

It is difficult to say for sure what is goinjg on by the one photo. An exam is key. It looks perhaps that the neck skin is a bit loose, but that also  may be muscle banding with a possibility of overtreated fat excision?

Unhappy with neck lift result

+1

For the most part, I agree with the other responses. It does appear that too much fat was removed and that the muscle edges are visible. Regardless, I think it is wise to wait at least six months after your surgery before considering a revision. Make sure to see someone who has experience with revision neck lift surgery.

Ryan Greene, MD, PhD
Fort Lauderdale Facial Plastic Surgeon

Too little fat in the neck can look bad

+1

You have  nice jawline and overall neck result, but it looks like too much fat was removed from just beneath your chin.  It also looks like the muscles weren't tightening in that area, which is causing those lines you see.  You are only 3 months out from surgery, though, and I wouldn't want to do a revision for at least 6 months (3 more months), assuming everything is soft by then. Do see a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and does a lot of facelift/necklift revisions.

Carmen Kavali, MD