How Long Does a Neck Lift Last?

Hello. I'm 46 years old and although I have a youthful face, my neck gives away my age. It seemed to happen all of a sudden.

I really hate my neck, but I don't have the funds necessary to pay for a Neck lift and all that that involves without some type of financing. So, two questions: How long would a typical Neck lift last before having to get touch-ups, and what payment options are available? Thank you.

Neck Lifts- longevity

+3

Neck lifts some times refer to an under the chin incision with liposuction and tightening. They do not tighten skin.

Most patients with your problem need a facelift in addition to a necklift. That way the skin is tightened.

Many patients with early signs of aging around the jowl and neck area benefit from a minilift, but this should be very carefully performed by an experienced facelift surgeon you have researched carefully, not a mass market clinic.

At your age, the average benefit would be about 5-7 years in the appearance of the face, but this varies widely depending on your skin type, what procedure exactly is performed, what additional procedures are being done, etc. 5-7 years would be an average of how long the patients felt the procedure lasted, althoiugh after a well done minilift or moreso even with a facelift there is permanent benefit.

Most offices do offer financing.

You are best seeking several consultations and doing it right, even if it means saving up. Wasting your money on minimally invasive solutions will probably delay your getting the proper procedure.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/PROCEDURES/Procedures/360-Facelift.html

Neck lift

+2

Neck lift longevfity really depends upon the individual. As for payment options  there are a number of compnaies that offer financing and I am sure most offices can help you arrange for this.

Long term results of Neck Lifts

+2

The problem with trying to answer your question is that not all neck lifts are the same. When a patient comes to my office and requests a neck lift, we have to sit down and go over which parts of their neck they are concerned with, fat, skin, muscle, or all three. Depending on the amount of excess fat, the laxity of the skin, and the status of the muscles of your neck, the procedure will differ and so will the cost. The longevity of a neck lift result will also depend on how each of these elements are addressed but, should last 10 years when performed appropriately.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift Longevity

+2

Hi Gaylep. This is the most common question that a patient asks during consultation. The responsible surgeon should always answer that they do not know how long it will last. As a rule, the speed of aging is more a responsibility of the patient than the surgeon. Normally we tend to age in 7-10 years blocks. this means that every 7 to 10 years we realize in the mirror that we look older. Patients that have a lot of stress, taking care of an ill family member, not very good nights of sleep, CEO of a big corporation, business owners usually age at a faster rate; like every 3-5 years as compared to non stress patients.

In my practice I see this every single day. Patients that take care of themselves and have low stress will age slower after surgery. Patients that have high stress lives, will age a lot faster. the key on how you age is basically in your hands. As surgeons we can only get you from point A to point B in rejuvenation time. After that, you take more a commanding role on how fast you age and how long the results will last. On the best patients with low stress, a neck lift should last about 8-10 years before the cheeks start showing the aging signs and then it should require a touch up.

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Longevity of a neck lift

+2

Laxity and aging of the neck is a very common concern for many people. Several procedures can be performed to address this area including liposuction, a neck lift with or with out a platysmaplasty, skin excision, and gland removal to name a few. A well performed neck lift procedure should last 6-10 years as long as you take care of it. That means maintaining your weight and not fluctuating up and down, and taking good care of your skin especially with sunblocks. Which one of these procedures would be right for you would be discussed in a personal consultation with the surgeon, and this is critical. Lastly a multitude of financing options are available at most cosmetic offices to meet your specific needs.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Duration of Neck Lift

+1

How long a necklift lasts will depend on several factors, including your age, overall health, pre-existing condition (elasticity) of your skin, smoking,etc.  Generally, as with full facelifting, the younger patients see longer results than older patients.  This is because the skin is more elastic and will hold its position better and longer.  On average, patients can expect the results to last 8-12 years, but this varies widely with different patients.  Also, I believe that usually a thinner patient will have longer lasting results that a patient with full, heavy features.  It is also important for the surgeon to adequately treat all of the underlying factors adding to the patient's neck deformity, such as loose muscles and excess fat, or else merely tightening the skin will not produce a long-lasting result.

Web reference: http://www.pbplasticsurgery.com

Necklift Longevity

+1

Not all necklifts are created equally. Depending on your particular problem areas, a neck lift can involve liposuction, tightening of the muscles (corset), and skin tightening/lifting. With regards to longevity, you will look better than you would have without surgery. However, normal aging does continue to occur. Assuming your surgery is performed by a board certified plastic surgeon, your results can last 5-10 years.  

Most plastic surgeons will offer a variety of financing options through different companies such as Care Credit.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

How long does a neck lift last?

+1

Thanks for your question.  Done properly a neck lift should last the same amount of time as a face-lift 10-15 years.  Your neck will never go back to it's pre-lifted state but gravity and the normal aging process will slowly continue.  Most people never have there neck re-lifted but if they do it's not for a significant period of time.  

Finaning is usually available through companies like Care Credit.  Ask your doctor for more financing options.

Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

How long does a neck lift last?

+1

I think you get at LEAST 10 years out of a well done, wee conceived neck lift.  Watch out for less expensive, non surgical treatments which may not be effective at all or whiose effects may not last.

Web reference: http://kassmd.com

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Longevity of neck lift results

+1

Neck lifts last forever. A neck lift usually will hold up 10 to 15 years before needing any further touchup work.

The neck lift does not address excess skin in the lower neck. It is simply the removal of fat above and below the platysma muscle in addition to tightening the platysma muscle. If there are early cords pressing on the anterior platysmal band, these can be clipped. You may still need a facelift 10 to 15 years from then.

Financing options for facial plastic surgery are getting more difficult since the banks are tightening up credit. Most offices will take Visa, Mastercard, checks, and there are some third party financing available through Care Credit.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.