Estimated Cost of Neck Lift for Neck Bands and Loose Skin?

I have loose neck bands and loose skin. Could someone give me an estimate of how much my Neck Lift would cost considering my appearance?

Neck lifts are about $6,000 but do not address loose skin

+2

After reviewing the photograph, it is apparent that excess skin and anterior platysmal bands are present. A neck lift alone will not address excess skin of the neck. A lower face/neck lift would be more appropriate to properly address the excess skin, minimal amount of fat that is present, in addition to tightening the anterior platysmal bands. The cost of a lower face/neck lift is $11,000 and $6,000 for a neck lift, which includes anesthesia and operating room fees. A neck lift alone will only address the neck bands and any fat above or below the platysma muscle.

Why Neck Lift Costs Vary

+1
Cost For Neck Lift Determination Factors (Range $7000-$20,000+)
Neck Lift prices vary greatly because the the procedure itself encompasses a wide range of techniques and surgical approaches that can be performed to different extents- for example, Your plastic surgeon will evaluate you for five main features that will determine your best options for improvement:

1.Amount of excess fat (needs lipo or direct removal).
2.Presence of Significant Platysmal Banding (requires playsmaplasy or Botox)
3.Amount of excess Skin and condition of your skin. For example younger age, darker skin colors and no large weight loss history means there will be better elasticity and therefore better post surgical contraction. In milder cases if not too much fat is present there will be enough skin shrinkage with just lipo alone. However for moderate and severe skin redundancy a neck lift or lower facelift (e.g.Lite Lift®, MACS and others),
is needed with or without lipo for best results. Mild to minimal skin tightening using non surgical means like the Sciton Laser SkinTyte procedure, Ultherapy or Thermage could also be considered.
4. Chin deficiency (without adequate chin support your neckline will suffer)
5.Presence of prominent Digastric Muscles or Submandibular gland fullness from laxity or enlargement (partial resection usually best solution).

My recommendation is to first find qualified surgeons that are board certified by either the American Board of Plastic Surgery, or Facial Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. Factors that influence the price include:
1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctors office?
2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist or a nurse anesthetist be used, or an RN?
3. Overnight stay in hospital, post care facility or nurse to go to your home?
4. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best trained (and longest) would be a surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or Facial Plastic Surgery Fellowship trained.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Neck Lift in Midwest US: $5000-$7000

+1

The cost of neck lift varies significantly and is dependent upon a multitude of variables. It’s important to understand these variables and how they contribute to any fee quote that you may receive. For instance, does the fee quote include the surgeon’s fee, facility fees and anesthesia or just the surgeon’s fee? It’s also crucial to understand the surgeon’s revisional surgery policy. In other words, if additional surgery is necessary, who pays for it?

In the Midwestern United States, the fees for a neck lift with anesthesia and facility fees included typically ranges between $5,000 and $7,000. When combined with brow lift, facelift and upper and lower blepharoplasty, the fees typically range between $9,000 and $12,000.

It’s very important that the patient have a thorough understanding of these issues. If you have questions, make sure you get them answered. Most surgeons are happy to have these discussions. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Neck lift cost

+1

The fee for a neck lift varies and in NYC may runa bout $8000-$10000.  Most patients taht are candidates for a neck lift often need a facelift.

Cost of a Neck Lift

+1

The picture is a help and points out several things that you should be aware of. Okay I understand that the truth hurts but knowledge is powerful and will help you in the long run. The first thing that I appreciate are your pronounced nasolabial folds (just making observations first). Next are the corners of your mouth. The left corner is neutral or beginning to turn downward-a clear indication of aging. The corners are turning down to the marionette lines-which are mild. There is the start of mild jowling in the picture. Before we move to the neck I feel that you definitely are deficient in facial fat in the midface/cheek region. Okay as we move to the neck we immediately notice the platysmal bands and the slight excess in skin. So what do we do?

If you want one surgery now that will correct all of these problems (because if you correct only the neck you'll notice everything else) I would recommend a MACS lift or even extended SMAS with plication or repair of the platysma muscle. Most surgeries that address the SMAS in all of these issues would give you an excellent, long lasting result. So don't just go for the obvious, the neck, go for a surgery that will address everything.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Cost of neck lift.

+1

Hi!

In New York City, we charge $8000 for a neck lift, including the cost of the operating room and the anesthesia.  It is less in the rest of the country.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Necklift Cost

+1

I charge $4000.00 for the neck lift. Then there is cost for using a facility like surgery center and the anesthesiologist's fee. All that combined can come to around $7000.00

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Necklift

+1

The average cost for the “mini neck-lift” or “neck-tuck” is $3,500 and for a full neck-lift including lower face-lift is $7,000,, which includes physician's fee,  twilight anesthesia and facility.  Best regards

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD