What could my skin condition be, and what are my treatment options? (Photo)

For 4 months, I have been struggling with skin issues. Recently my skin has gotten exponentially worse. It started a few months ago when I would go to bed with clear skin (I've never had skin problems) and wake up with clusters of whiteheads on/around my nose and chin. Since then, my skin has gotten a lot worse. I now have this dry, hot, flaky, rashy appearance to my skin around my chin, mouth, and nose starting to spread to my cheeks, accompanied by whiteheads. Could it be Perioral Dermatitis?

Perioral Dermatitis

+1
As stated below, it does appear you have rosacea or perioral dermatitis.  It is best to see a dermatologist for treatment of this condition.  Typically, perioral dermatitis responds to the same treatments as rosacea.  Your skin care provider can develop a regimen of cleansers and prescription medicines to best address your condition.  Keep in mind, it can take up to two months to see improvement after starting a regimen, so patience is key.

Fort Myers Dermatologist

Facial condition

+1
From the pictures it looks like you have a bad case of Rosacea and/or Perioral dermatitis.  You need to see a Dermatologist to receive Oracea as an oral antibiotic in anti-inflammatory dosages, and topical treatments with either or combination of Finacea, Metrogel, Bionect, mild cleansers, Medical Barrier restoring moisturizers and physical or inorganic sun blocks.   

Maritza Perez, MD
New Canaan Dermatologic Surgeon