My Right Eyebrow Raises Unintentionaly Specially when I Meet New People or when Im Nervous? (photo)

I noticed while in college that my right eyebrow raises unintentionally, specially around new people and sometimes randomly. I can control my left eyebrow as I please but I have no control of my right eyebrow. It raises high so it is very noticeable and embarrassing. I notice people feel awkward around me and I can never carry a conversation specially with a female. When it raises, my right eye looks bigger than my left eye and I feel a slight tension on the right side of my face

Uneven eyebrows naturally? Botox or Dysport strategically placed can help.

+2

Hallaevol, You sent in photos showing that one eyebrow raises naturally without your ability to control it, and this makes you self-conscious. Though many would find that charming and urge you not to artificially alter your natural expression of personality, if it makes you uncomfortable, it's possible to place a very tiny amount (1 or 2u of Botox, 3 to 5 of Dysport) in the frontalis muscle that causes that brow to lift, to weaken the lift. But watch out, it will last 3 to 4 months and one day when you want to charm someone with your quizzical look, you may not have it at your disposal!

Botox and forehead muscles

+2

Botox, targeted at the part of your frontalis muscle (forehead muscle) raising your brow, will likely lower the brow and make it more difficult for you to raise it.  This effect will last 3-6 months.

Matheson A. Harris, MD
Salt Lake City Oculoplastic Surgeon

Modulating facial movements with Botox

+2

Some females may find that charming.  If it bothers you, selective injections with Botox will be able to reduce the amount that your eyebrow raises and may make you less self-conscious.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox to the frontalis

+1

A small amount of Botox placed in the appropriate area of your forehead will help minimize the ability of that brow to climb...consult with a well-trained and reputable provider for your best results!

Sam Naficy, MD

Correcting a raised eyebrow

+1

I think that some botox can be injected above this brow and if done correctly might lower this some

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Eyebrow raises on its own, will Botox help

+1

Nearly every person has an asymmetrical face and muscles that move differently. Some, like yours, are much more prominent and active. Consult a board-certified Botox injector. Several units placed in the correct spot will keep this muscle from elevating randomly on its own, and give you more of a confidence boost. You could elect to have full Botox done if you'd like, but if you only want to treat that specific area, it is possible.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD