Can my NightGuard Damage or Pull off my Veneers?

I have had Veneers puton my top two front teeth. And my private Dentist had a custom NightGuard made also for me. I have worn it two nights now. However, It tends to feel a little tight, and feels like its putting an awful lot of pressure on my Veneers. Also when I come to take it out in the morning, I really have to pull it out of my mouth. therefor I am really pulling it away from my Veneers. My Veneers feel really different now.. Could all this damage or pull them out?

Nightguard should not cause discomfort

+1

If your teeth are sore in the morning or you feel certain teeth are under significant pressure with the nightguard in place, it needs to be adjusted.  It is a good idea under certain conditions to have a nightguard made with veneers, but it should be snug that it doesn't fall out, but not tight.  See your dentist to have it adjusted.

Ontario Cosmetic Dentist

Can a nightguard damage my new veneers

+1

When I complete a cosmetic case I provide my patient with a nightguard that is soft on the inside and hard on the outside so the inner surface protects the veneers. I would discuss that type of nightguard with your dentist.

Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

Night guards should feel snug , but not too tight to hurt

+1

Night guards should feel snug , but not too tight to hurt . There are double liner Night guards that feel soft inside and have hard acrylic outside, Either make a new one or go back to your dentist for him to adjust it. It should not damage your veneers in anyway, when it is well made and well fitted.. 

Orange County Cosmetic Dentist

Nightguard Damage to Veneers

+1

You might ask the dentist to consider a nightguard with a soft, flexible inner lining, and a hard outer shell.

New York Cosmetic Dentist

Can Nightguard Remove or Damage Veneers

+1

If the nightguard feels tight call your dentist and have it adjusted.  Should just take a few minutes to adjust the fit so it does not feel too tight.  It will not pull off your veneers but it should feel comfortable during and after wear.

Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist