My inner thighs look horrible. Its very loose, jiggly, and the skin wrinkles. Im only 17. What can be done?

Iv lost a lot of weight over a long period of time. I lift weights and work out every day. im embarrassed to wear shorts because it looks awful when I move my legs even just a little bit. Im very self conscious of it. Im 17. I shouldn't have to worry about saggy, loose skin. I cant even continue my weight loss because its going to keep getting worse. My parents cant afford a surgery. I don't know what else to do. I want to be excited about losing weight but this is holding me back

Choosing the correct treatment

At 17, life can be challenging when you don't have a perfect body.

From what you describe, you're doing the right thing by taking care of yourself and keeping your weight under control.

I would continue to focus on overall body health.

If your primary problem is loose skin on your inner thighs, then stay away from liposuction of any type.

If money is short, then you probably are best off saving everything you have and focusing on other aspects of your life.

Many plastic surgeons give free consultations.

I suggest you meet with a few senior reputable plastic surgeons to see what your options may be in the future.

It's better to have things done correctly when the time is right rather than look for something that sounds too good to be true.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Inner Thigh Skin Elasticity

It's hard to say if you are a good candidate for laser therapy without pictures but we have had success using the Palomar MaxIR head on loose skin on the abdomen, thighs, neck, etc.. This may be a more affordable option but pictures and an in person consult would definitely be needed before treatment to ensure that the best treatment for you.