Are my Implants Falling off to the Sides Too Much? (photo)

I have been seeing images of breast implants where girls are lying down and they tend to stick up more compared to mine and of course I like what I don't have so I'm wondering if there is something wrong with mine. I also want to go bigger My scars are bad too, I was told they were going to be because I am asian. But I tried everything, silicone scar sheets, bio oil, and other remedies but alas nothing worked :/ Any advice would be really appreciated ~Molly

Lateral Breast Implant Displacement Correction?

+2

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Yes, your breast implants do appear to migrate to the sides when you lie down. This situation can be corrected using internal sutures placed so that the implants are maintained in a more central (close to the cleavage area) position. This procedure is called capsulorrhaphy. I would suggest that you meet with plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients in your situation.

Lateral drift of breast implants - lift rolling down a rooftop

+2

One other thing for you to notice is that if you look at the photo from the foot, you will see just how steeply and asymmetrically your chest wall angles toward the outside.  This predisposes you to lateral drift, like the implants sitting on the roof of a house and wanting to roll to the gutters by gravity.  You can go back and close off the pockets, wear a proper garment for 3 months and then hope they say more toward the center.  But occasionally they just won't do that.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Drifting implants

+2

Thank you for the questions and pics.  Your surgeon has made  generous "pockets" in order to keep your breasts soft.  Unfortunately, the side effect is sometimes there is a lateral drift of the implants.  Also, in patients with submuscular implants, this lateral drift can happen over time because the pec muscles continuously push the implants laterally. 

The other issue you have is that the left implant appears lower than the right.  If you undergo another surgery, the internal capsules can be stitched together on the sides in order to push the implants in toward each other and also to raise the left side.  As far as your scarring goes, you may try to leave steri-strips over your scars for 6 weeks post-op.  I do this on all my patients and the scarring is minimized.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Lateral drift and scars

+1

There is always some lateral drift of implants. This can sometimes be corrected with a lateral capsulorrhaphy.  As for the incisions, they sometimes can be revised to improve the appearance.

Are my Implants Falling off to the Sides Too Much?

+1

The supine view shows a lateral displacement which could be accepted but if you are unhappy than only surgery can improve this. Frontal and side views are wonderful.