Will my Implants Look Bigger or Smaller After I Drop Some?

I had my BA about a week ago and I absolutely love my new boobs! They are a perfect size for me, I am currently measuring at a 34D. I have read so many blogs about how it takes a while to drop and fluff which can add a cup size and then again I have heard that you can lose some :( I wouldn't mind gaining more, but would hate to go down some. I started out with a small B,and got 375ccs high profile under the muscle. The swelling seems to be gone. What are the chances on loosing a cup size?

Bra size after augmentation

+2

After breast augmentation it takes a while for the implants to settle. It generally takes longer for the breasts to settle if the implants are behind the muscle (about two months) instead of in front of the muscle (about one month). As the breasts change so will the fit of a bra. Initially the breasts are too high and overflow the bra on top but the bottom is not filled out. As the breast settles the fit of a bra often becomes more natural. It is difficult to fot a bra and truly determone the cup size until the breasts have settled. For this reason I recommend that my patients wait for about six weeks before spending a lot of money on new bras. People will have different reactions as to whether they feel the breasts are larger or smaller but in general the breasts appear the largest for the first two weeks after the operation.

Final size after breast augmentation

+1

You will not see your final breast augmentation size until the swelling comes down and the implants settle into place.  I would not expect that you would lose a full cup size.  I would not spend a ton of money on bras until you are 6 weeks post op however.  Good luck.

Sacha Obaid, MD

Will my breasts look smaller after they drop?

+1

Congratulations on your recent breast augmentation!  Everyone is different but at one week post-op you may still have a little bit of swelling remaining. Once the implants drop, they your upper pole fullness may go down (though not much with HP implants) and the lower portion of your breasts will fill out changing the shape of your breasts, but volume should remain close to the same.  I'm sure you will love them either way! ac

Angela Champion, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

+1

It is hard to answer this without a photo. By a week most swelling, if there was any, would be gone, so volume should not change. If your implants are high riding, as many are, the upper poles may empty out, the lower pole will fill out just as much. 

All the best. 

Implants and final cup size

+1

AS the implants relax into the pocket the overall position changes, not the volume.  So I do not think you lose anything. What you will lose is the swelling associated with the surgery and therefore the volume may appear smaller.

Post op Size

+1

Great to hear you are happy with your result.

At 1 week it is far too early to predict your final size, having said that if your swelling has decreased then this should be your final size. This is the beauty of form stable cohesive implants, they retain their shape more than saline and previous styles of silicone implants.

Whether the implant falls a little or not won't really effect your cup size.

Pouria Moradi, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast size after augmentation doesn't change much

+1

as you heal.  If you do drop/settle, you will be giving up upper pole fullness for more lower pole fullness.  Volume-wise, it shouldn't change very much.  And if you love your current look, I hope you are starting to support them with use of a bra.

Curtis Wong, MD

Loosing volume after breast augmentation

+1

Postop swelling still needs to resolve if you are one week out from surgery.  You may still see some volume loss but you wont loose a whole cup size.  The shape of the breast may also change as the skin envelope stretches to fit the high profile implant, but this will involve more projection. 

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Size after implants settle

+1

At a week, you likely still have some swelling.  As the swelling resolves you may get slightly smaller, but for the most part you are the size you will be.  As the implants settle over the next few weeks to months, the breasts may appear fuller from the implants dropping behind the breast mound and pushing the breast tissue more forward.

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Will my cup size change

+1

After breast augmentation, it is unlikely to drop a size unless you have marked swelling or change to a bra brand that measures smaller for the same volume compared to what you are used to.

If you have swelling, this will largely resolve within 2 weeks (the majority resolution having occurred by this time now for you at 1 week).

I think you can count on the good result as size will likely remain yet over the next few months as the breasts 'settle', the look will look even more natural as the tissues relax.

Congratulations,

Dr Kevin Ho

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon