My Butt Keeps Shrinking After Bbl What Can I Do to Avoid Further Shrinking?

Im 3 weeks post-op and my butt is getting smaller and smaller every day. I have been following my Surgeons instructions, no sitting, massages, 30 min of light cardio for circulation and compression garment. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to stop further shrinkage??

A shrinking buttocks after Brazilian butt lift

There are two stages of shrinking of the buttocks right after the fat grafting to the buttocks.

Right after surgery not only has the fat been added, but there's a great deal of soft tissue swelling.  Much of this soft tissue swelling will resolve in about 3 to 6 weeks, that's only the beginning.

The second phase of shrinkage occurs as the body decides how much of the fat that has been injected will take on a new blood supply be maintained. Fat that does not take on blood supply from the surrounding tissues will ultimately be absorbed by your body, and this can take 6 to 12 months.

Do not be discouraged yet, what you're going through is  a part of the normal healing process.  Areas where the fat has been removed will also be shrinking as well and this can help to accentuated the areas where the fat has been placed.

Because a certain percentage of the fat is reabsorbed after surgery most surgeons will overcorrect from the get go.  If , after a year, you feel that you need more enhancement, additional fat grafting can likely be performed.

Best wishes

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Post Op Regimen for Brazilian Butt Lift....

If your surgeon performs this procedure frequently and has shown you many patients with Great Long Term results, meaning at least 3 months post op, then I would trust him and follow his recommendations. 
I have to say, his post-op recommendations are extremely different from mine!  But, we all have different ways of doing things, and often each of us still comes up with great results.  I have been doing this procedure for over 14 years and have heard of many different recommendations throughout the years.  Mine have remained the same and my results are consistently good.  Hopefully your surgeons are too. It may still just be the swelling going away. 

Butt Shrinking after Brazilian Butt Lift

Most likely, you are experiencing a resolution of the normal swelling. It takes a few months to see the final results. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

This is normal...

It’s not unusual for patients to experience a decrease in the size of their buttocks immediately following brazilian butt lift surgery.This occurs for a variety of reasons, including resolution of swelling and loss of fat cells because of inadequate blood supply.
Patient’s undergoing this procedure will inevitably develop swelling following surgery.During the procedure, the liposuction cannula is passed through the subcutaneous tissue.This causes disruption of lymphatic channels and cellular injury, which causes swelling.
Significant improvement in swelling can be seen in the first three weeks following surgery, with the majority gone in about three months.Small amounts of swelling may persist up to a year following surgery.
In addition, patients typically lose 20-40% of their grafted fat cells because of inadequate blood supply.For this reason, most surgeons over correct the original deformity with additional volume.
What you’re currently experiencing is normal. It’s important to follow your surgeon’s instructions and be patient.Make sure all your questions are answered.This will ultimately lower your anxiety levels.

The shrinking will stabilize at 3 months. Please follow up with your doctor as these issues require the attention of a plastic surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS