My Butt Keeps Shrinking After Bbl What Can I Do to Avoid Further Shrinking?

Im 3 weeks post-op and my butt is getting smaller and smaller every day. I have been following my Surgeons instructions, no sitting, massages, 30 min of light cardio for circulation and compression garment. What am I doing wrong or what can I do to stop further shrinkage??

Post Op Regimen for Brazilian Butt Lift....

+3

If your surgeon performs this procedure frequently and has shown you many patients with Great Long Term results, meaning at least 3 months post op, then I would trust him and follow his recommendations. 
I have to say, his post-op recommendations are extremely different from mine!  But, we all have different ways of doing things, and often each of us still comes up with great results.  I have been doing this procedure for over 14 years and have heard of many different recommendations throughout the years.  Mine have remained the same and my results are consistently good.  Hopefully your surgeons are too. It may still just be the swelling going away. 

A shrinking buttocks after Brazilian butt lift

+1

There are two stages of shrinking of the buttocks right after the fat grafting to the buttocks.

Right after surgery not only has the fat been added, but there's a great deal of soft tissue swelling.  Much of this soft tissue swelling will resolve in about 3 to 6 weeks, that's only the beginning.

The second phase of shrinkage occurs as the body decides how much of the fat that has been injected will take on a new blood supply be maintained. Fat that does not take on blood supply from the surrounding tissues will ultimately be absorbed by your body, and this can take 6 to 12 months.

Do not be discouraged yet, what you're going through is  a part of the normal healing process.  Areas where the fat has been removed will also be shrinking as well and this can help to accentuated the areas where the fat has been placed.

Because a certain percentage of the fat is reabsorbed after surgery most surgeons will overcorrect from the get go.  If , after a year, you feel that you need more enhancement, additional fat grafting can likely be performed.

Best wishes

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Butt Shrinking after Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Most likely, you are experiencing a resolution of the normal swelling. It takes a few months to see the final results. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS