Will my Breasts Ever Look Normal? 1 Week Post-Op Breast Implants They're Really High.

Im 5"4 115 lbs i am 9 days post op and am still traumatized ...i recieved a 492 cc midrange silicone gel breast implant under the muscle .. .My implant is rather high and my breasts look somewhat squareish..i mean am i being unrealistic with the recovery period i thought my breasts would look somewhat normal after surgery.

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

To high after surgery

+2

Thanks for the inquiry.  Everyone looks too big tight and high right after submuscular augmentation. The setteling procees usually starts to become noticible after about 3 weeks and the final dropping and softening about six months.

Check in with your plastic surgeon just in case, but you sound normal at this time.

Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Breast Appearance 1 Week after Breast Augmentation

+3

It is not uncommon for patients to feel that their breast implants are “riding high”  and are somewhat “squareish" looking 9 days after surgery. It takes time for the lesson plans to settle/drop/“fluff out”. This time  require may be several months.  I think you will be pleasantly surprised that as implants settle down with time they will round out in appearance.

I was just continued follow-up with your plastic surgeon to communicate your questions and concerns.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastaugmentation.htm

Way to early to be concerned

+2

It is normal for larger implants to sit high under the muscle for several weeks after surgery.  I reccomend you discuss your concerns with your surgeon to help alleviate your fears.  Good luck.

High implants

+2
You are in the early stages of recovery and it is normal for the implants to be high for a while after sub muscular augmentation. The implants should begin to settle about a month after surgery and will continue to drop over about six months. Give it time and have some patience. Also, continue to follow up regularly with your plastic surgeon.

Breast Augmentation - 1 Week Post-Op They're Really High

+2

It's WAY too early to even start to be concerned about this.  In general, the larger the implants relative to your overall size, the higher they sit initially and they longer it will take for them to drop.  This makes sense since you're waiting for the muscles (and other tissues) to stretch out and accommodate the implants.  492cc is a fairly large implant on someone your height and weight; of course, I don't know what you looked like before in terms of excess skin but the less of that you had, the more it points toward a longer time for them to drop.  No choice but to be patient.

I hope that this helps, and good luck,

Dr. E

Web reference: http://www.bodysculpture.com

High Implants

+2

You are very early in your recovery and swelling and tissue tightness can contribute to your implants seeming too high.  I would recommend that you allow more time for your swelling to subside and for the implants to settle.  Even if they really are too high, surgery to correct this is usually not advised before waiting about three months after the initial surgery.

High Breast Implants 9 Days after Surgery

+2

In most cases, the implants look high for a few weeks after surgery. Follow up with your plastic surgeon to see if a compression band may be useful.

Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Implants too high?

+2

It's impossible to tell without photos. two things for sure, there is still a good amount of swelling and it takes about 1-2 months for the implants to settle. The other is that you got pretty big implants for someone 5'4" and 115 lbs. So they are definitely going to look too high for longer and hopefully will settle fine. Keep your appointments with your surgeon for help.

New breast implants will drop over the first month.

+1

Healing after breast augmentation is both progressive and variable. As the swelling subsides, your breast implants will slowly drop. This process takes about 4 or 5 weeks.

1 Week Post-Op Breast Implants

+1

I hope I can give you some reassurance that it is way to soon to judge your results. You are still very swollen no doubt. For peace of mind, speak with your surgeon.  It's very normal for implants to sit high for not only the first week out but for even months.  I don't take after pictures until my patients are at least six months out from surgery.   Without seeing your before or afters, it's all speculation, but it is still very soon after surgery.