My 7mnths Old Baby Having One Eye Bigger Than the Other,is There Any Chance to Get Equal Size in Future? (photo)

my 7mnths old baby having one eye bigger than the other,is there any chance to get equal size in future?

Oh Baby!

First off, what a beautiful baby.  Secondly, all people (babies included) have some facial asymmetry. This appears to be the case with your child.  Time will tell if this asymmetry persists or 'evens out'.

Austin Oculoplastic Surgeon

4316 James Casey Street
Austin, TX 78745

Asymmetry on Baby

Your question is helpful for many new parents. We all become super-anxious and critical when it has to do with our babies. Any initial concerns should be shared with an ophthalmologist in person, because there are rare conditions that could lead to asymmetry; however, everything appeares within the normal range in your baby's face. Thank you for the question.

James R. Gordon, MD, FACS, FAAO
New York Oculoplastic Surgeon

450 Mamaroneck Ave
Harrison, NY 10528

Asymmetric eyes are normal!

Thank you for providing a photo regarding your concerns.  Facial asymmetry is normal and your baby's face looks adorable.  The concerns you have are unfounded and with time, it is expected that you will be less and less concerned about this as there are many other more important issues facing your child.  If you do find that the asymmetry is excessive, you can seek the counsel of a oculoplastic surgeon to find out if something is really wrong or if this is completely normal.

Curtis Wong, MD

1950 Rosaline Avenue
Redding, CA 96001

Yes I see a very minor asymmetry in the orbital and anatomic structures. Best to either allow more growth like 6 months or seek in person evaluation from Peds eye doc or Cranial facial surgeon. 

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143

You baby is beautiful!

There is a small difference in size, I agree.  Right now the eyes are big relative to the rest of the face.  Over time, as the face grows, the eyes look less prominent.  However, I do recommend your have your baby assessed by an ophthalmologist where you live.  Very rarely, increased pressure inside the eye can cause the eyes to be larger than normal.  Generally this goes along with other symptoms such as tearing, light sensitivity, red eye.  An examination by a general ophthalmologist will reassure you that your mother's intuition is not being ignored.

9001 Wilshire Blvd
Beverly Hills, CA 90211