Ask a doctor

How Can I Get Rid of Old, pitted Scars on my Cheeks Caused by Many Yrs of Severe Cystic Acne? (photo)

I'm a 27 Yr Old Woman from India? I have tried glycolic and salicylic peels in the past for the acne which has helped. Along with tretinoin, my acne seem to be under control.For acne scarring,in the past 1 yr ,I've undergone 1 sitting of 'scar punch excision' (for very deep scars) & 1 sitting of dermaroller-- both without any success.I want to know possible treatment options to treat acne scarring in skin of color and the risks involved.Thank you

Doctor Answers (1)

Lasers for acne scars


Hi, acne scars respond well to laser treatment with fractionated resurfacing. Because you have skin of color, my advice would be to see a board certified dermatologist who has expertise in laser surgery, including treating skin of color.

Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 9 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.