Mommy Makeover Gone Wrong? (photo)

Should my incision from my reduction go all the way into my armpits? Why do I have so much hyper pigmentation? Why is the scarring to thick? With a full tummy tuck isn't Lipo usually done? I was to have lipo on hips thighs inner and outer, flanks and auxilla. They only aspirate a total of 1500cc TOTAL COMBINED. Shouldnt it have been much more than that?

Postoperative surprises been the patient wasn't prepared thoroughly.

+1

Sometimes patients don't hear what was told to them. After an operation if the length of the incision is unexpected in the progress of healing is not understood you need to sit down and have a long conversation with your plastic surgeon. You should have known in advance would areas were to be liposuction.

Concerns after Mommy Makeover Surgery?

+1

The concerns that you address in your question, do not necessarily suggest that the surgery went “wrong”. It does however suggest that there  may have been a shortage of communication prior to surgery.

Keep in mind, that every patient undergoing these types of procedures will experience a different degree/extent of scarring and varying amounts of liposuction return.  In other words, there is no “standard” ( in regards to these issues) that can be applied to all patients.

At this point, you will be best served communicating with your own plastic surgeon for specific/accurate responses to your concerns.

Best wishes; hopefully you will be pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Mommy Makeover Gone Wrong?

+1

From you questions to me it is obvious you did not receive a good informed consent from your surgeon. First, scar depend more on your healing. Thus you might be a scar former, especially as seen in the posted photo- a hypertrophic scar former. As for the length of the incision on the axillary breast area, that was most likely done because you HAS excess skin/fat/breast tissue in that area. Again this is an informed consent issue pre operatively. Third, the amount of lipo aspirate in multiple combined operations is dependent upon you blood loss before the liposuction is started. With a full TT + breast reduction I must assume the PS thought your blood loss was getting to high. But again that is an issue between you and your chosen surgeon. 

Recovery Questions Post Mommy Makeover

+1

With the specific questions you have, those are best answered by the surgeon who did your procedures.  Why certain scars are the length that they are, or where liposuction was or was not done is really something only they can address.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon