Throbbing Pain After Mole Removal

I had two moles removed from my back today. Should I expect to feel throbbing uncomfortable pain? These two moles are located on my bra line. The reason I decided to get them removed was because about a year ago they started to be itchy. In the last three weeks they started to get very itchy again. Educated myself on itchy moles and everything pointed towards skin cancer.

Pain after biopsy

+1

If you are experiencing pain after your procedure, then I would recommend that you see your physician for follow-up. 

Pain after biopsy

+1

If a patient has pain after a biopsy, they need to contact the physician's office that performed the biopsy immediately.  There are many different methods of biopsy: shave biopsy, punch biopsy, excisional biopsy.  The cause of the pain may be dependent on which type of biopsy was done but should be addressed right away.

Anthony Perri, MD
Houston Dermatologist