I have a mole on scalp. What type of mole is this? Is it okay that it bleeds, and will insurance cover the removal? (photo)

It will bleed if it's accidently combed over with a brush. It appeared a few years ago while I was pregnant. It's in a very inconvenient spot for me. I want to have it removed because it affects how I take care of my hair, I just want to make sure this is seen as needed. Also I would feel better to know it's not cancerous.

Mole removal

+1
I recommend consultation with a board certified dermatologist who can evaluate the mole. A bleeding mole is an indication for removal. Any mole that is removed should be sent for a pathology interpretation to confirm the mole is benign. Please follow up regarding your bleeding mole.

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon