5mm Black/Raised Mole On My Cheek. If My General Physician Removes it, Will it Scar?

i have a mole right in the middle of my cheek. it is about 5mm and black and a little raised. it looks really bad because my skin is floor less. i have a darkish tan skin colour. i want to get it removed by my GP, she states she has been removing moles for years but also says its totally upto me if i would like to go elsewhere. im wondering if i will get a scar as my skin is darker. although my scars dp seem to fade away into nothing after time???

Generally a mole removal leaves a scar...overall the results may be better...

+1

if you see either a dermatologist with an interest in surgery or a plastic surgeon...overall I'd shy away from a gp doing the procedure...generally more scarring...but count on a scar...hopefully very small and at best not noticeable...good luck and think twice about whether you want to open a potential can of worms by having it removed...if it's not worrisome, then things can only get worse with any form of therapy...just because a mole is present doesn't mean it has to be removed...always like to be conservative...

Mole removal

+1

I would highly recommend that you see a board certified facial plastic surgeon for an evaluation and possible treatment of your mole. 

Sam Naficy, MD

Mole removal on the cheek

+1

A 5mm mole in the middle of your cheek is a good sized mole and, if not removed properly, can leave a significant scar. To have the best chance for an optimal result, I recommend you have your mole removed by either a board certified dermatologist that specialized in surgery or a plastic surgeon. Because of it's dark color, it is also important that the tissue be microscopically examined after the mole is removed.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon