Single Mole Removal for Hairy nevus?

Is it possible to remove by one time surgery excision on hairy nevus in the upper hand with 6 x 3 cm? I have consultation with the plastic surgery and they advice to have several excision instead of one time surgery.

Single Mole Removal for Hairy nevus?

+1

Thank you for your question. Serial excision and tissue expansion is appropriate for a large defect for an aesthetically pleasing result. I would recommend consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for safest and best treatment option. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Excising or removing a mole in one surgery or several staged surgeries

+1

Great question. The extent of the excision depends on the skin laxity in the area.  I would also suggest speaking about tissue expansion or serial excision with your surgeons. I have found that both options work well.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS