What is a Modified Tummy Tuck?

what is a modified tt and can that procedure tighten muscle above and below belly button?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

If it were me, I would want to know too and the best source for this information is your own surgeon.

+1

There are many modifications for tummy tucks that Plastic Surgeons use to tailor the procedure to your needs. I would suggest you discuss with your plastic surgeon what exactly he is going to modify and why. Don't forget, it is your body and it is you that is paying for this to be done to meet your needs. If it were me, I would want to know too and the best source is your own surgeon.

Modified Tummy Tuck

+2

Hi there-

It is difficult to know exactly what these terms mean any more, since there are so many names out there, and one surgeon may not mean the same thing as another when using the same terms...

The best thing to do is to ask your surgeon what exactly will be done as part of your modified tummy tuck.

When I do modified tummy tucks, I do tighten muscles above and below the belly button.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Modified tummy tuck versus standard tummy tuck

+1

Hello - A modified tummy tuck usually involves a shorter scar, but only the skin below the belly button is removed. For muscle tightening, this is also done just below the belly button if needed. If the entire length of your muscles needs to be tightened and a moderate amount of skin needs to be removed, you may want to consider a standard tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.drschreiberplasticsurgery.com/Procedures_TummyTuck_865369.aspx

Taylored tummy tuck

+1

When I do a tummy tuck the procedure is modified on each patient to their needs ,so in effect all are modified tummy tucks. I believe that most Plastic Surgeons vary the procedure based on each patients needs.

Arlington Plastic Surgeon

Modified tummy tuck can mean different things

+1

Hard to answer. Each doctor can adjust the name, terminology of the operation they are planning. I think it means an extended mini tummy tuck with inferior muscle repair or a mini tummy tuck with lower and upper muscle repair. You should ask this doctor for a written explanation and than post it here so we can discuss.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Modified tummy tuck in Los Angeles

+1

A modified Tummy Tuck is a procedure wherein abdominal muscles and rectus fascia are plicated in order to contour irregularities in the shape of the female torso. The incision pattern may also be modified to accomodate a bikini or low hip hugger type pair of jeans.

Tummy tuck is modified for every individual need

+1

It is hard for us to know just what 'modified' tummy tuck your surgeon proposes. Good cosmetic surgery is adjusted to accommodate individual needs. There may be a need for muscle tightening above or below the umbilicus or both, a need for suctioning over the hip, an adjustment for a C-section scar or other abdominal scar, an extension for laxity over the hip area. The list can go on. Most surgeons probably do not approach tummy tuck as a 'standard' procedure, as we all come to learn that if things are done the same way every time for every patient, sometimes it works, though sometimes not. The best way to know what your surgeon will do is to ask and prepare. Your surgeon should be glad to explain what 'modified' tummy tuck is in mind and how it will suit your situation.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com/tummy-tuck

Tummy tuck variations

+1

It used to be that there was just a full tummy tuck and a mini tummy tuck, but now there are a lot of other terms thrown around. The mini will tighten skin only in the area below the belly button, but the muscles can be tightened all the way up if necessary. Then there is the reverse abdominoplasty, which addresses only the yupper abdomen, and is fairly uncommon. Regardless of the flavor of the abdominoplasty, I am a believer in the Progressive Tension Suture method, which I have been using for 12 years; drain can be removed sooner, scar lower, and good shaping in addition to tightening.

All tummy tucks are "modified"

+1

All tummy tucks are customized to the body of each patient and all are thus "modified." Otherwise, there is no such thing as a modified TT. There are full ones and minis and marriage ones, but no modified ones.

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsugery.com

Modified tummy tuck

+1

The formal tummy tuck involves tightening the abdominal muscles and removing all the skin from the belly button to the pubic hairline. When there is less skin to remove two operations may be used which are called modified tummy tucks.

The first is the umbilical float procedure which can be used when there is minimal excess skin above the belly button. The belly button is separated from the underlying muscle and the muscle is tightened. The excess skin is removed and the belly button is lowered on the abominal wall. It should not be lowered more than about 2 cm.

The second operation is exactly like the formal abdominoplasty except the opening created by the belly button in the abdominal skin is repaired and a vertical scar is left just above the pubic hairline.

When performed properly in the correct patient, the results are outstanding.

I hope this was helpful.