Was It a Mistake to Allow a Physician's Assistant to Inject Dysport and Restylane?

The office features two plastic surgeons, neither of which I have spotted after several visits. Should one of them have also seen me? Four weeks after treatment I have droopy eyelids & daily pressure in my head due to the Dysport, and discoloration and lumpiness under one eye due to the Restylane. (This eye was also severely bruised underneath during the injection.)

Trouble after injections

+2

Sorry to hear that you have had an unfavorable experience with Dysport and Restylane.  The person doing the injecting is very important to the results of the product that is injected.  In AZ physicians, PA's, RN's, and aestheticians are all allowed to inject.  It takes careful evaluation and experience to consistently give greast results and to avoid problem issues.  In my office I do all of the injections, but this is neither necessary if you have experienced staff (PA, RN, etc) nor is it common.  It is, however, the physicians responsibilty to make sure their employee is properly trained.

Dr Repta

Injections by non-physicians

+2

Unfortunately, it has become quite common for many health care providers to inject botox and fillers. From gynecologists  to dentists, family practice MDs to podiatrists..it seems every body is trying to do it. It may be non surgical but they can cause more problems if not done properly. Knowledge of the functional facial anatomy is extremely important.

All of the problems you are going through are temporary and will get better in a few months.

Raj Chowdary, MD
Allentown Plastic Surgeon