I am missing an incisor so all of my top teeth shifted making one front tooth dead center? (photo)

Is this something Invisalign can fix? I wonder if invisiline, alone will be able to spread them apart when there is not room for a whole tooth to be placed at this time. I want to try and avoid braces because I am in college but I'm not sure if it will work on returning them back to their correct places, making room for a fake tooth.

Missing lateral incisor

+1
Based on your photo and your brief description, I'll tell you that your situation is not uncommon; I've corrected this problem on several patients.  You have a few options, so I'll list them in no particular order.

Option #1:  Go to an orthodontist and get put in metal braces for the next 2 or 3 years.  They'll move your teeth over and create a space for another tooth.  Then get an implant or a bridge in the space.

Option #2:  Go to a cosmetic dentist and get your teeth veneered in 1 or 2 appointments.  You choose the shade of your teeth (some choose the whitest white; some choose a dull shade to make them look less obvious).  Veneers are stain resistant and should last 2 or 3 decades before they need to be redone.

Good luck to you and I hope this helps. "Follow" me on Real Self to ask more questions.
Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO

Saint Louis Cosmetic Dentist

Shifting

+1

it looks like you are missing the upper right lateral incisor, and the others are shifting into its place. It is possible that Invis could correct this and make room, I do this frequently, but there are some considerations before that can be said for sure. Like X-rays and other things that come into play. At your age, you have to consider what you're going to look like for the rest of your life, not the next two years, and whatever it takes to fix this correctly is what you must do. Get to a specialist, an orthodontist, not a general dentist, as this won't fix itself, and will likely get worse if left alone.

Frank Celenza, DDS, PC
New York Orthodontist

Missing incisor and Invisalign

+1

You actually have a lateral incisor missing which means that the teeth have shifted to one side. Your problem is not major and as you have 2 front teeth then it should not be too hard.

With Invisalign you will need attachments on your front teeth and some space to be made on your LHS. The whole RHS and the front teeth will then have to be shifted to the LHS.

The attachments act like brackets or you have the option of better control with fixed braces.

I actually know of 1 famous dentist with just 1 front tooth, who is on national TV and no one seems to notice, except me!

Raj Kumar, BDS, LDSRCS
London Cosmetic Dentist