Can MiraDry Cause Fat Migration?

i feel that after my Mira dry first treatment some of the fat travel to my waist line and it feel giggly, and I never have it before , its normal ? and it will go away ?

MiraDry treatment

The miraDry treatment is a controlled localized energy that heats and eliminates the sweat glands. There is no report of any fat migration post treatment.

Cherry Hill Dermatologist

No fat migration

The miradry system attacks water that is inside of sweat glands.  It does not affect the fat and certainly not the fat in your waistline.  Perhaps you are noticing the saline that was injected as part of your numbing solution.  If so, that will be absorbed.

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Miradry treatment for armpit sweating in Los Angeles

Although you may know your body best, these changes are not reflective of the norm.  Miradry used focused energy to target the axilla. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

MiraDry does not cause fat migration

Dear tomtom252,

miraDry uses electromagnetic wave energy to heat and destroy the sweat glands located just beneath the skin of the underarms. miraDry does not cause fat migration.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Larry Fan, MD

MiraDry does not cause 'fat migration'

miraDry does not cause fat migration. I know as I have written a book about miraDry and have done many cases. This is never an issue and does not even make physiologic sense.

How MiraDry works

Thanks for your question.  The MiraDry procedure utilizes microwave technology to selectively target and eliminate sweat glands in the armpits by focusing electromagnetic waves at a specific level in the body where sweat glands are located.  Energy at this specific level of treatment does not significantly reach the fat to cause any change to the fat.  Although I'm sorry to hear that your waistline feels giggly, it's highly unlikely that MiraDry was the cause.  

Joshua L. Fox, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon