Chest Concavity After Breast Implant Removal?

I had 350cc silicone unders placed late December and am removing them early August. I am a tall, slender 25 year old who was very athletic/active prior to BA (pre-op size 32B). I am concerned that the weight of the implants over these past 7 months may leave me with a bit of a concave chest after removal. Is this likely? Would it correct itself with time if it did occur? I take vitamins regularly and have never had any broken bones, save for a stress fracture in my foot from running.

Breast Implant Removal

+2

Your breast should go back to the pre augmentation look after healed.  Wearing a good support bra after surgery will help.

+2

The sooner the implants are removed the better the result.  The chest wall should not be affected.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

+2

Those are not very large implants and they are under the muscle, so I would expect the contracting of the muscle to bring the skin and breast tissue back to a location and shape very close to what you had prior to the surgery. But the process takes time and you should expect up to six weeks before the breasts look the way you want them to.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast implant removal - How will it look?

+1

Given the information that you've provided, you should look very similar to how you looked before breast augmentation.  The factors that most affect the breasts are pregnancy and large weight fluctuations.  If you have not had children or large weight changes, your breasts have a very good chance of returning to their pre-augmentation shape.  Speak with your surgeon.  Your surgeon can give you a more detailed response since he can examine you more closely and therefore have more information.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi - NJ Plastic Surgeon

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon

Appearance of Breasts after Breast Implant Removal?

+1

Thank you for the question.  Although your concerns are understandable, you should expect your chest wall itself to look like it did prior to undergoing breast augmentation surgery.  Of course, the overlying breast tissue, soft tissues, and skin  may have changed in the past seven months.

Generally speaking, what breasts look like after removal or down sizing of breast implants will  depend on several factors such as: the quality of skin elasticity (the better the elasticity the better the skin will bounce back),  the size of the implants used (the larger the implant the more trouble you may have with redundant skin), and the amount of breast tissue present at this time (which may have changed since the time of your breast augmentation). 

Life experience since breast augmentation procedure, such as pregnancy or weight gain weight loss, will  potentially influence the factors discussed above. If you take these factors into consideration and apply them  to your specific circumstances you may get a good idea of what to expect after the implants are removed or replaced with smaller implants.

I hope this, and the attached link, helps.

Breast implant removal after 7 months

+1

If your breast tissue was significantly stretched by the implant then when the implant is removed the shape of your breasts may not be the same as before surgery.  I would not expect you to have any concavity of the chest wall in this short period of time.