Microdermabrasion for Pores on Oily Skin?

I am 20 and have oily skin. For the last few years, I've noticed these pores appearing on my cheeks. They look bad.

I want to get rid of them. What should I do? Would Microdermabrasion treatment help? I am scared of doing anything that might result in some kind of reaction, making it worse rather than help!

Cleaning out skin pores

+1

Microdermabrasion does not help oily skin since the problem are the oil glands located much deeper in the skin,  and it is only slightly effective at improving the look of pores.  It does however give a more brightening and youthful appearance to the skin.  Its benefits last only about 1-2 weeks.  Pores look a little smaller when they are cleaned out, if that is the problem.  For clogged pores, I recommend Obagi Nu-derm foaming gel, morning and night.  It works so much better than regular soap. 

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Microdermabrasion

+1

A microdermabrasion will help smooth your skin out. As far as pores go we can not actually shrink pores, however you can help your pores look better by doing treatments such as microderm or maybe a series of light chemical peels such as a gylcolic acid or salicylic acid.

Portland Facial Plastic Surgeon