Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, or Laser Treatment for Acne Scars?

I have scars from a nodulocystic acne problem and want them to be removed. Which treatment would be good for me: Microdermabrasion, Dermabrasion, or Laser treatment? My dermatologist said that Microdermabrasion effects will last for 2 years long. But I've heard that Dermabrasion is more effective. So which treatment would you recommend that I should get? Which treatment is long-lasting, better yet permanent?

Ablative treatments usually needed

+1

Microdermabrasion is only good for discoloration from acne. It is a poor choice for the atrophic scars that cystic acne leaves behind.

Dermabrasion and fractional CO2 ( Repair or Deep/Active FX) are ablative and would be better. The only non-ablative I have seen that really improves severe acne scars is Fraxel Restore. See my before and after pictures.

New Orleans Dermatologist