Fraxel - which type for rejuvenation for mature skin?? I had the Palomar 1540 with a 50-15 setting.

There are SO many fraxel options and settings can you tell me which is the most suited to rejuvenating mature skin?? Is Palomar 1540 with a 50-15 setting suitable? I am in my 60s and don't have scars. I simply want fresher skin and a reduction in wrinkles.

Fraxel Laser

+2
Fraxel is a name brand, and has several versions:
1. Fraxel- Non-Ablative (non-wounding):
a)Dual: Effectively targets tone, texture and more superficial signs of aging, actinic keratosis and pigment
b)Restore: Penetrates deep into the skin layers, specifically targeting concerns such as wrinkles or acne scarring
2. Fraxel Co2- Ablative (wounding):
a)Repair 600m: Treats fine lines, age spots and sun spots
b)Repair 135m: Used to target deeper wrinkles, tighten skin and remove years from your appearance
There are many other companies that use fractionated technology like Palomar, however it is not a Fraxel laser. Consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist to see which option would be best for your skin type.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Don't be confused with imitations, there is the Fraxel Dual restore and Fraxel repair

+2
There are many physicians who buy less expensive lasers and sell them as being Fraxel. The only thing in common with the Fraxel and the others is that they are fractional, like the Palomar. In my opinion, Fraxel Dual restore is the gold standard for non ablative skin resurfacing. The Fraxel repair is ablative, with more downtime, more pain, and more risk. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fraxel laser

+1
The Fraxel laser is a fabulous laser. There are quite a few imitations to the Fraxel laser which do not give the same results. I have had many patients come to my office and they thought that they had Fraxel when in actuality they had some imitation of a fractionated based laser. Please consult a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with Fraxel for the best cosmetic results. 

Michele S. Green, MD