Will Fraxel work for large pores beside nose?

Fraxel and Pore Size

+1
Fraxel is an amazing laser and works best on pigmentation, sun damage, acne scars, and overall facial rejuvenation.  Some patients have diminished pore size.  I have found the Ematrix Laser is an excellent way of minimizing pore size.  It is important to find a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience in lasers and cosmetics for the best results.

Fraxel can reduce pore size

+1
Fraxel laser treatments, including Fraxel Dual, can help to reduce pore size. As collagen is remodeled during the healing process, the pores are restored to their more youthful size. Other treatmetns for pore size include topical retinoids. Retinoids do not shirnk the pore, but can help the pore appear smaller by reducing the contents of the pore.

Meg Cherry, MD
Birmingham Dermatologic Surgeon

Fraxel has reduced pore size in some patients

+1
I have not found other treatments that effectively reduce pore size. Although many of my patients have obtained smaller pore size after being treated with Fraxel Restore or Fraxel Repair, not all will receive the same good results. No one can be promised that their pores will respond as other patients who had good results.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fortunately YES... fraxel lasers work to reduce pore size

+1

Both ablative  (Carbon Dioxide) and Non-ablative fractionated lasers (like the Fraxel 1550 nm laser) can reduce pore size and it may be evident with even a single treatment session, though multiple sessions may be required.  As a dermatologist,  I have not been impressed by other modalities ( including retinoids and exfoliants ) to help this problem though they will certainly provide other benefits to the skin.

Jason K. Rivers, MD
Vancouver Dermatologic Surgeon

​Fractionated Lasers Can Improve Pore Size

+1

Yes the Fraxel Restore (1550nm) can reduce pore size. Other fractionated lasers may offer similar results. You should have four Fraxel treatment sessions of at least 26% coverage to ensure the best result. Skin preparation with tretinoin is important before you begin the laser treatments, and it could help pore size as well. Regular exfoliation treatments can help to maintain your improvement. Best wishes, Ken Dembny

Kenneth Dembny, II, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Fraxel and Pore Size

+1

Pores are the openings for our hair follicles. They also contain our sebaceous (oil) glands. As we age, they tend to become enlarged. Having rosacea can add to this. The truth is, that they are very hard to treat and make smaller. Having said that, I do believe that multiple fraxel treatments (Fraxel Restore, 1550nm wavelength) can be helpful. For my patients, I put them on Retin-A (Tretinoin) which can help to shrink the oil glands and decrease pore size and I offer resurfacing - either the Fraxel laser, or the Lumenis Deep FX CO2 laser.

Jennifer Reichel, MD
Seattle Dermatologic Surgeon