Will Mederma Help with Hyperpigmentation After Cryotherapy?

I have some dark pigmentation after I had some cryotherapy done. Will Mederma help fade the pigmentation or is there something better?

Mederma for scars

+1

Mederma is topical therapy used to treat scars. The active ingredient is onion extract. I don't recommend it to my patients but I know many people who have had nice results with it. Having said that, it is not effective for treating hyperpigmentation in my experience. I would discuss the problem with the provider who performed the cryotherapy and confirm the diagnosis of hyperpigmentation. You want to make sure that this is not a pigmented lesion or a mole. Then I would use a hydroquinone based therapy.

Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.