Can I Ue E Matrix If I Am Trying To Get Pregnant? Is The RF Energy Something To Be Concerned About?

Can I use the E Matrix if I am trying to get pregnant? Is the RF energy used by the machine something to be concerned about?

EMatrix and fertility

We don't perform eMatrix or any procedures in our office if a patient is confirmed to be pregnant. But there are patients who get cosmetic procedures all around the country every day that find out a day or a week later that they are pregnant. A simple test you can do is buy a pregnancy test and test yourself the day of your procedure. I hope this helps. 

Ematrix while pregnant

Ematrix is an excellent treatment for acne scarring that uses RF energy. This should not present a problem if you are trying to get pregnant, but our office does not perform Ematrix treatments if you have a confirmed positive pregnancy test or are pregnant. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

EMatrix and pregnancy

Quite frankly, the RF isn't something to worry about because it doesn't travel through the body or anything and it's concentrated onto the areas it's hitting, i.e., the face. However, no testing is ever done on pregnant women or fetuses, so the exact ramifications of what's happening are just not known. If you, your dermatologist, and your OB are comfortable with you having the procedure done, then I'd say it's ok, but it's up to all of you to determine what's best.