Making Nipples Smaller For Men

When I went through puberty (23 now), I seemed to have suffered some gyno (I believe thats the correct term). My nipples are puffier and larger than most men. I work out daily and have a good build, but the larger nipples lowers my self esteem. Is there a surgery to fix this? If so what is the average cost? What type of doctor would I go see? And what is the average recovery time? Thanks, Dan

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Gynecomastia correction

+1

You should see a surgeon that has experience with gynecomastia surgery .His website may give you indication about his experience and his results. The most experienced surgeons will typically charge more.

Puffy Nipples Gynecomastia

+3
Even with minimal breast tissue enlargement, an enlarged areolar diameter tends to produce a feminized breast/chest appearance. For patients with an enlarged areolar diameter, an areolar reduction can be performed in addition to direct excision of breast tissue and liposuction. This requires an incision, and thus a scar, that encompasses the entire circumference of the areola. However, the scar is usually obscured fairly well by the color difference between areolar skin and the adjacent chest skin, and the reduced areolar diameter can be critical to producing a more masculine appearance of the anterior chest.

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/gynecomastia-male-breast-reduction.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Periareolar Mastopexy To Address Enlarged Nipples

+1

It’s not unusual for men to be concerned about enlarged nipple areola complexes. When this occurs, men note that their areolas are of larger than average size and appear to be puffy. This condition is frequently associated with an underlying gynecomastia. This condition tends to make the chest look more feminine and for this reason men frequently request treatment.

In most cases a periareolar mastopexy can be performed to address the problem. With this technique, an incision is made around the border of the areola and excess areola is removed through this approach. If gynecomastia is present this can be addressed simultaneously. When the wounds are closed the scar is positioned between the areola and surrounding skin where it’s easily hidden.

Following surgery most activities can be resumed in about a week, heavy lifting and strenuous activities may take up to six weeks. This procedure is not usually covered by insurance and cost ranges from $3500-to $6000.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Puffy nipples / Gynaecomastia

+1
Dear Dan,

Puffy nipples can be treated with several techniques. Depending on the severity of the condition; liposuction, excision of glandular tissue & areolar excision (to reduce the diameter of a large areola) can help. 

You would need to see a board certified plastic surgeon for this procedure. The average procedure cost at our centre would be 1500-2000 US$.The procedure is done under local anaesthesia with sedation, as a daycare procedure. The recovery time can be as little as 2-3 days following the procedure.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticssurgerycentre.com/male-breast-reduction.php

India Plastic Surgeon

Large and puffy nipples

+1

There is a difference between large prominent nipples and "puffy" nipples. Prominent nipples are when the actual nipple, and only the nipple, are larger and protrude outward. Most guys do not complain about this. Puffy nipples on the other hand is when there is fullness beneath the entire nipple-areola area. This causes the areola (the darker skin surrounding the nipple) to appear puffed out. A lot of guys don't like this. It often is from a mild case of gynecomastia but can also be just the tip of the iceberg.

Cost can vary depending how severe the problem is but in general ranges from about $4000 - 5000 total. I think that a Plastic surgeon who does this regularly is the best type of surgeon to go to since various types of liposuction to the breast and chest are combined to give the smoothest result. Recovery also varies depending how severe the problem and can range from a couple days to a week off work. No exercise for two weeks. Final results are seen usually by three months.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurgerybaltimore.com/

Nipple Reduction

+1

There are multiple options to correct this problem.   I would recommend consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to correct this.  Cost will range from 4500-9000 depending on the length of surgery necessary.      Correction can involve liposuction, direct excision of dense breast tissue, or excision of redundant skin.

Web reference: http://www.drpaulgill.com

Making Nipples Smaller For Men

+1

The condition that you are describing is a classic typcial  gynecomastia.  It usually presents as a young adolescent male, possibly a little over weight.  As you mature in to your late teens early 20's and the weight comes down the breasts stay the same.  There is no non-surgical method to correct this problem.  Liposuction is occasionally helpful but if there is any breast tissue under the areola a subcutaneous mastecomy is required.  A full examination is needed to give you more information as to which treatment will be effective.  It does no good to try to liposuction breast tissue as it will not aspirate.

Nipple reduction for men.

+1

Many men may request 'smaller nipples' and may be referring to one of several things.  Some actually may complain of fullness or male breast enlargement (gynecomastia).  Some complain of an enlarged diameter of their areola.   Some may actually complain of a prominent or large protruding nipple.  All three of these conditions can be treated with different surgical techniques.  I would recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon who is an ASAPS member to determine what procedure may be best for you.

Web reference: http://www.drgrover.com/aesthetic-photo-gallery/nipple-reduction-photo-gallery

Puffy nipples, male breast reduction

+1

puffy nipples are almost always a consequence of stimulated breast tissue under the nipple and areola area.  Very often, removing breast tissue under the nipple area will take care of the problem, without removing any skin

Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Gynecomastia?

+1

Identifying  exactly what bothers you is very important in determining appropriate treatment. This is best done with  direct physical examination by a well- experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. If  the areola size is too large then reduction of the areola may be indicated.On the other hand, if gynecomastia is the diagnosis then treatment invovles direct  partial excision  of the glandular breast tissue.

Gynecomastia comes from the Greek meaning "gyne" meaning woman and  "mastos"  meaning breasts.  It refers to abnormal development of large mammary glands in males.  The diagnosis can be made by physical examination where relatively firm tissue  (breast gland tissue) can be differentiated from relatively soft tissue (adipose tissue).

Breast prominence due to excessive adipose tissue is called pseudo-gynecomastia or lipomastia.  The differentiation of true  gynecomastia  from adipose tissue is important because the surgical treatment may differ. Usually  physical examination by a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon is sufficient to make the diagnosis  and to determine the best course of treatment.

I have found that gynecomastia is often best treated with  partial excision of the prominent glandular tissue  as well as liposuction surgery of the peripheral chest area.  If the prominence of the chest wall is caused by adipose tissue, then liposculpture surgery alone may suffice.

I would strongly suggest that you make sure you are working with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon. You will find that this recommendation will be more important than any specific “miracle technology” that you will undoubtedly hear about.

I hope this helps

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_gynecomastia.htm