Lutronic Fractional CO2 for Asian Skin

Is Lutronic Fractional CO2 lazer good for Asian Skin? I am Filipina with some pigmentation and have a deep scar when I have one of my mole removed on my face.

CO2 Laser for Asian Skin

+1

There is limited literature regarding the efficacy and safety of different fractional lasers to treat Asian skin.  Some studies do show fractional CO2 lasers can effectively and safely treat acne scars in Asian skin type III or IV.  We have used  frational CO2 to treat Asian skin with great success.  However, there is a particular concern about the risk for post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (PHI).  To minimize these adverse effects or complications, parameters should be modified by reducing the density and/or fluence and pre-treating the skin with a bleaching agent before the procedure.

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Fractional Laser srugery should be preceded with a test spot in Asian skin

+1

Fractional Laser srugery should be preceded with a test spot in Asian skin. Even if the test spot is negative there is a small chnce the skin will darken with lasser resurfacing.

Edward Lack, MD
Chicago Dermatologist

Lutronic Fractionated CO2

+1

The Lutronic fractionated CO2 laser (eCO2) is a wonderful treatment option for skin resurfacing.  However, great caution needs to be applied with any laser when addressing Asian skin.  Although it can be considered safer than more traditional forms of fully ablative laser, it is by no means universally safe in skin with greater pigmentation.  In your situation, scar revision might be more advisable for a deep facial scar.  I would advise a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon in your area.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon