What is This Lump Above my Belly Button?

I have had a tummy tuck, had my tubes removed thru the belly button then had two hernias repaired above the belly button. I now have a lump directly above my belly button which hurts somewhat when I push it in. I tried to take a picture of it but it doesnt show up in the pictures.

Bulge above the "belly button"

+1

Several causes for the "bulge are possible : Recurrent hernia(s), gap of the sutures where the muscles were brought together in the midline, scar tissue from the hernia repair, "stalk" of the belly button which is now pulled down after the tummy tuck etc.

Many reasons, many possibilities which your Surgeon can sort out when he examines you

See him and ask questions.

Good luck !!

Evansville Plastic Surgeon

Hernia around belly button

+1

Dear Me,

It is hard to make a diagnosis without a physical examination.

Therefore, I recommend that you seek consultation with your surgeon.

Nonetheless, the pain that you described upon pressing on the bulged area could be indicative of another hernia.

Best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Web reference: http://www.DrSajjadian.com

Hernia and Tummy Tuck

+1

I agree with Dr. Skiles it sounds like a recurrent hernia.  Revisit with your operating surgeon to get guidance.

Dr. ES

Bump above belly button

+1

It sounds like this is a problem area for you. Without a picture it is hard to give an opinion, but from your description it sounds like it may be another hernia. You should see your surgeon or regular doctor who will be able to make the diagnosis and recommend treatment options. Good luck.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon