Long-Term Complications and Risks of Silicone Butt Implants?

I am 5'2" 110 lbs. (small frame) and my doctor suggests fat transfer over silicone implants.

He is afraid of scarring, thinning of butt tissue over time, hard feeling, infection, shape will look funny, etc.

However, I want a big difference and he said he will only be able to get about 200cc for each side from my love handles and none from my abdomen. I am leaning towards silicone but my doctor seems so against it. I am having a very hard time deciding which is better for me.

Risks of Silicone Butt Implants

+2

Dear zoe bunny,

The only safe options for performing buttock enlargement are using your own fat ("Brazilian butt lift") and using implants.

If you a thin person and desire significant buttock enlargement, using your own fat is not a good option because you do not have enough fat to produce the desired augmentation. In this situation, buttock augmentation using implants is your only option.

Having said that, it is important to know that buttock augmentation using implants has potential risks including infection, bleeding, scarring, nerve damage, firmness, implant rupture, implant migration, seroma, etc.

I would discuss your concerns with an experienced plastic surgeon who performs both the Brazilian butt lift and buttock implants.

As an aside, I would warn you about using fillers such as hydrogel, silicone, etc. to perform buttock augmentation. Tempting as they are, they have not been approved for use in the US by the FDA and are associated with significant risks.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.bayarea-plasticsurgery.com/body.html

Butt enlargement with fat and implants

+1

In the Brazilian butt lift, I not only do liposuction to sculpt the buttock and hips and then inject it into where it will help but also add a silicone butt implant. 

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon