Should You Lose Weight Before a Fat Grafting Procedure?

im 6ft tall weigh 244 and i want to get to 200 but im thinking of getting fat grafting done for the buttocks and then later (3 months) for breast one breast is a D the other is a B so im hoping to even them out so im wondering should i get to my goal of 200 and then begin or not lose as much maybe stope at 215 or 220 so i have spare fat lol"

Should you lose weight before or after the Brazilian Butt Lift?

+2

If you are interested in the Brazilian Butt Lift (Fat Grafting to the Buttocks) and you need to lose weight, it is always best to lose the majority of that excess weight prior to surgery.  If you lose it afterwards, your buttocks will shrink too. 
There is a limit as to how much fat we can put into your buttocks.  So, if we fill your buttocks and then you lose weight, it will get smaller.  If however, you lose weight first, then we fill your buttocks with the remaining fat, it will hopefully remain that size. 
At 6 ft tall, 200lbs should be fine.  You should still have plenty of fat to use.

Losing weight before a Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Hi there-

It would be very difficult to answer your question without examining you...

It is possible that you are already a good candidate for a BBL- but it is possible that I would tell you that some weight loss is necessary first. How much? Again, an exam is necessary.

Your best bet is to meet with a surgeon experienced and skilled in the procedure for a consultation and examination, as the answers to these questions depend so heavily on your goals for your final appearance and on your examination. They will be able to guide you as far as whether or not weight loss would help you achieve your long term goals, and as to how much, as well as the timing of the procedure after the weight loss.

Armando Soto, MD

Should I get to my goal weight before or after fat grafting?

+1

Your question is hard to answer without a photo.  As you know, two women the exact same weight can have different amounts of fat on their bodies.  In general, I think fat grafting is most successful on women who are about 10-15 pounds over their goal weight.  This usually provides me with enough fat to work with.  I would suggest scheduling a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon now.  After seeing you, he or she will be able to guide you more specifically about weight loss.

Andrew Jimerson, MD